Tears

Tears

A Poem by LivingDeath

My tears are knives cutting the unemotional wall of my expressions. When my tears fall that wall crumbles and my emotions pour out like a river breaking through a dam. My tears are little bullets slowly killing me from the inside. When my tears fall there is a silent scream within the person i call myself. I do not recognize the person i see in the mirror every morning, and the person i see scares me because it is not truly me. He is an impostor in my shoes, changing the way people see me. This impostor is causing me to hate myself and now i am hoping that bullet i call a tear will finally do what it is meant to do and take this life unwanting to live, instead of killing me ever so slowly. The tears i cry are both weapons that can take a life; a knife for a wrist, and a gun for a face. But life is to short to thrive in the shadows of the negative, so live to the fullest and don't let those tears kill you as they did me.

© 2009 LivingDeath


Author's Note

LivingDeath
Please comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the description of tears like they are bullets , it really make sense . I simply love your poem , and the last sentence was my favorite . good job

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
1 Review
Added on March 16, 2009

Author

LivingDeath
LivingDeath

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada



About
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." ~Kurt Cobain. Wasssup guys! I am me, if you want my name, ask me for it. Life in every breath, is my motto. 22 years old, living .. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by LivingDeath