Walk For You

Walk For You

A Poem by LivingDeath
"

I walked across the entire city, from end to end, just to see her face.

"

I walked across this snow swept city

to see your perfect face,

I walked right through the freezing air

to feel your warm embrace...

 

I walked right through the empty night

under the moons' soft glow,

I walked until I saw you there

sheltered from all the snow.

 

You saw me stand there all alone

your eyes defied the stars,

time stood still as our hearts beat on

that moment forever ours.

 

You took me in your warm embrace

and gave me love's sweet kiss,

you took away the pain I felt

it's you I've always missed.

 

Then the moon struck high

and the door was locked,

we said goodbyes

and then I walked.

© 2010 LivingDeath


Author's Note

LivingDeath
I intentionally made the ending seem rushed/ abrupt to symbolize that a moment so perfect, so surreal, can be over before you know it. So cherish the moments that you get so you can look back on these moments and be able to feel how you were feeling then. Moments come and go in a heart beat, memories will last forever.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So cute i love it :P

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is amazing, though i was kinda cut on the last line 'and then i walked' like, it's over? and then i read the author's note. haha.
okay, your details was perfect that you could see the event happening. great job. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved it. Great job. It was brilliant. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


I'm jealous I didn't write this....it's perfect. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow i really liked this poem. i think you really captured the feel of a moment. i am def adding this to my library. you are a talented writer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I was sufficiently moved by reading your latest poem to look at what else you have written and found this. Again a remarkable poem and the ending here is exactly right. I wonder if I would have found the rationale behind the break of beat and rhyme in the last line without your explanation. Sometimes explanations whilst explaining the reason the poet thought he wrote the line miss or restrict the readers own interpretation. when TS Eliot was told of some complex interpretation of one of his lines (and his lines are always complex except in Macavity) he commented "I did not know I was so clever". Maybe you also dont understand the full meaning to you and others of the last line and that is the magic and mystery of poetry.

Here I especially liked the deterioration of the rhyme from the classic "snow/glow" through the almost rhyme of "stars/ours" to the half rhyme "Kiss/missed" to the final assonance of "Locked/Walked". Which I hope has you saying that you did not know you were so clever thereby proving my point which is really that when you open the doore to yourself to writing poetry you have no idea what will come in. Of course you could just indeed have been so clever.......

Neil

Neil

Posted 14 Years Ago


very nice writing! Lovely it made me smile!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this. Its so alluring. Very well done ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago


great poem! love it

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1360 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 24, 2010
Last Updated on February 24, 2010

Author

LivingDeath
LivingDeath

Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada



About
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not." ~Kurt Cobain. Wasssup guys! I am me, if you want my name, ask me for it. Life in every breath, is my motto. 22 years old, living .. more..

Writing
Stardust Stardust

A Poem by LivingDeath



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Psycho Psycho

A Poem by LivingDeath