Kiss Me

Kiss Me

A Story by Amaris Velez

Based on the song Kiss me- Ed Sheeran

I walked through the door of my new London apartment that I got with my new British boyfriend. I use to live in New Jersey until I met my boyfriend while he was on tour and he invited me to stay with him here. I took off my flats and my shorts and got very comfortable with just my tank top on. I walked into the living room to see my love lying on the couch. My heart thudded against my chest.

He spoke lazily, “Settle down with me, and let’s cuddle.” And with that he opened the blanket and gave me access to lie with him. I crawled onto him and wrapped the blanket around me along with his arms. We stood watching the television tight in each other’s embrace. I closed my eyes and felt his heart beat against mine. I pressed my lips against his neck and smiled into it.

            I breathed in his scent which comforted me and was always familiar. He was something I could come home to and know that I could trust him to love me the same as he did from the beginning. And then almost like a slap across my face, a thought popped in my head, and it wasn’t like I never thought of this. It just always shocked me when I did. I am in love. I loved him with all of my heart. I touched my nose to his chin, and lifted my body up more and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. He took one of my hands and entangled it with his. And as we broke the kiss his eyes watched our hands play together. And as he watched our hands I watched his eyes. They were this bright blue that was almost grey. His eyes quickly turned to me and my cheeks blushed at being caught.

            He sat up and my legs instantly wrapped around his waist. He put his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. The silence between us was always comforting. He knew how much I hated talking. All day I was forced to fill in empty spaces that other people left and I had to be as social as possible because of my job and who people thought I was. So coming home and just being able to enjoy silence was a dream come true. I didn’t have to pretend with him. I felt so at home with him and safe, as if in our home, on our couch nothing can hurt us.

“I think we were made for each other.” My love spoke in my ear.

“You are one-hundred percent right. You were made to keep me safe while I was made to keep you warm.” I said lovingly while playing with his fingers.

“From the start of this relationship I’ve felt a mixture of feeling. From hate to love from love to lust from lust to truth and that’s how I know that everything we have is real. And I will hold you close and keep you safe and warm till the end of time. I love you so much.” And in response I kissed him. Not telling him that I love him but showing him. I felt something metal slide onto my finger and I broke the kiss and looked down at the ring.

“Marry me.” He said and put his forehead against mine. I only nodded in my shock and he grabbed my face and kissed me.

© 2013 Amaris Velez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A heart-warming read, especially first thing in the morning with coffee.
Thanks for the experience

Posted 10 Years Ago


A beautiful story of love. The sweet kiss is valuable in time of joy like in your story. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..