The Rain

The Rain

A Poem by Amaris Velez

The Rain is pouring down 100 miles per minute.


They are tiny pieces of glass that make us reflect on our lives.


When the rain pours the world is silent and everyone suddenly remembers the empty journal on their desks.


They remember the tea bags in the back of the cupboard and the unfinished book on the shelf.


They remember that words sometimes rhyme and sometimes mean more when they don’t.


They remember the value of books, and how they are a key to a million lives.


They remember the power of a thousand words that have been unread or unwanted.


The rain unleashes the lives that we leave behind when the sun is shining and there is plenty of distractions.


The rain takes our eyes off of our computer screen and mesmerizes us for just a second for us to remember all these things.


But only very few who remember these things actually redo them.


These are the days that are worth so much, for they take away the harsh reality and give us a chance to dream, think and truly fall in love with everything again.

 

                                 a.v

© 2013 Amaris Velez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the way you used the rain to make your point. We remember things we have forgotten. Rarely do we repair.
"But only very few who remember these things actually redo them."
I like the way you write poetry. Nice flow and honest thoughts. The purpose for poetry. Thank you the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DJ
The message in this piece is beautiful. I like how you used rain and rainy days to get the message across. It is very true that lazy rainy days makes us remember the things in life that can make us escape reality. I enjoyed the flow, thanks, Cairo.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the way you used the rain to make your point. We remember things we have forgotten. Rarely do we repair.
"But only very few who remember these things actually redo them."
I like the way you write poetry. Nice flow and honest thoughts. The purpose for poetry. Thank you the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013