Love

Love

A Poem by Amaris Velez

hearts were beating way to fast to be safe.  Both for the same reason, but not beating in time like the books wrote about.  Your kisses were as hot as the Sahara desert in midday but your breath down my neck was as cold as a ghost walking right through me.  And we kissed and kissed because we were in love. A love that we could not fully grasp because of boundaries placed by morals and religion. But we got as close as possible. We were shy and timid. When we talked we leaned our heads in and our bodies close so no one can hear the small talk that was meaningless to them, but was the thread we hung onto. So we wouldn’t fall into a black abyss that was called ‘out of love’ and as we kissed I thought and thought about how maturity would hit us. And we would both have to leave. Not knowing if it was together or apart and I thought of the places you would go. And everything you would see. So before we went to explore the world. I let you explore me.

                                 a.v

© 2013 Amaris Velez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Love is a unknown journey. Like the emotion and the desire in your poem. We need to allow it to grow and become what it shall be. I like your thoughts in the poem. A very good ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 17, 2013
Last Updated on August 17, 2013
Tags: poetry, love, romance, poem