It's A Very Unsettling Feeling...

It's A Very Unsettling Feeling...

A Story by Liz
"

Thoughts.

"
"Its just a very unsettling feeling, depression. To be sad literally all of the time and not be able to stop it. When people say it’s like you can’t breathe, that you are drowning, they couldn’t be more accurate. But, you see, the worst part about it isn’t being depressed yourself, but having to see the people you love and care about most go through it. To know exactly what their pain is like but not be able to help them. I have this thing where I’m very protective of the people I care about, and when they tell me that they are sad or hurt or depressed its like the hands around my throat tighten. It’s like I’m being repeatedly punched in the gut. The chains holding me underwater get shorter and tighter and heavier. It’s so hard because I don’t want them to feel this way, like I do. I want to be able to fix them and help them and when I hear that they are sad or lonely or feeling abandoned I feel like I have failed them, that I haven’t done my job. I just keep getting beat in the chest, and it hurts, and I don’t know how to make it stop."

© 2014 Liz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Perhaps it isn't that YOU are broken... some people FEEL so much of what is around them that they take it into their minds and hearts.

Sometimes we can feel we lack control over even the basics of our own existence and even that we are just so numb because we are overwhelmed... cutting has its rewards...

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1018 Views
1 Review
Added on September 9, 2014
Last Updated on September 9, 2014

Author

Liz
Liz

OH



About
I am a college student studying Interpersonal Communication and Conflict Management at Kent State University. I am a lover of all things coffee. Welcome to my profile. Reads and reviews are gr.. more..

Writing
Stutter Stutter

A Poem by Liz


Forest of After Forest of After

A Poem by Liz


Denial Denial

A Poem by Liz