Borderline Baby- Clip 2: Interrupted

Borderline Baby- Clip 2: Interrupted

A Story by LaylaK21
"

Layla (main character) is hospitalized for a suicide attempt. She is diagnosed with Borderline personality Disorder.

"
Her body, her corpse was fragile, like the frameworks of an eggshell. Her arms were sticky and scratchy in scabs, stitched over and layered in gauze. She laid in the hospital, the psychiatric ward motionless, almost lifeless, for she had become numb and her heart was so beaten it was stale. Her veins were calloused. Her mind still is flickering though, a rapid flame, remembering her wicked childhood, her teen years of sexual scandals, hushed suicides, blood blistering screams, voices of violence, and persistent paranoia of how sick the world is. At this point she knew love was not for her or written in her book, just in the book of lies. She glances from her small bed, to the mirror and thinks, and see’s multiple people. Her shaky and weary hands hold the small cup of ice and ginger ale, the ice clicking and clacking together as the cup gently shakes from her unsteady grip. Her reflective is twisted and ill. Her greasy hair is mangled like her mind. Her makeup is smeared down to her chin, caked and thick and heavy black mess. She sold her herself for some money, thinking she was giving herself up for some love to another strange man in the neighborhood. Daddy didn’t love her. Her family never accepted her deviance. All she wanted was a gasp of fresh spring air on a lightly rainy day, and a bottle of Vodka to ease out her demons. The nurse drew her blood and the Doctors interviewed her. They knew her. This was her seventeenth time at the psych ward, only sixteen years old. She yelled at them and cried, and they warned her of the tranquilizer needle again. Hate was embedded in her heart, coded in her dirty blood, and hate…hate kills people, kills time, kills life, relationships, and you. When they left, she torn off the crimson stained gauze and picked viciously at her stitches until she saw thoughs little blood beads. She did not successfully rip them out. Madness is ugly, unclean, and unhealthy. And Layla, this girl, was a Borderline baby. 

© 2014 LaylaK21


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Her greasy hair is mangled like her mind...really good descriptive line.
she torn off the crimson ...she tore off the crimson...tense changed here.
Beautifully written showing the pain and suffering a person goes through with many types of mental illness... the vividness of your piece was outstanding and the pacing reminded me of poetry. Well done!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


All I can say is I f*****g love this and I love your literary style. It's pretty much a story being filled with raw poetry which is what I look for in a story. Usually I can complain a little but I can't here, just keep writing. I'd read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Reina Stone

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome. Reading over it I see there are some very minor mistakes (repeated words, a mis.. read more
LaylaK21

9 Years Ago

I am interested in constructive criticism. What words were repeated too much? I don't mind improveme.. read more
Reina Stone

9 Years Ago

I can't find it now. I may have accidentally double read one of the lines. Oops. I did notice toward.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 23, 2014
Tags: psychology, abnormal, bpd, borderline personality disorder, dramatic, personality, disorder, suicide, self injury, depression, hate, low self esteem, abuse, neglect, reckless, hospital, helpless, hope

Author

LaylaK21
LaylaK21

About
Write (stories, poems, journaling), Psych major, constantly changing and exploring. Nineteen years old. Book in the making. Borderline/Bipolar/ADHD. I spend most of my time making artwork, writing, ph.. more..

Writing