Double Suicide

Double Suicide

A Poem by Mercury Mirrors
"

Dunno...meb it came from me & Richie...just a random thought during Science. Enjoy.

"

 

A girl sits alone on a dusty bed,
With tears in her eyes, she lowers her head.
 
A boy sits alone in the corner of his room,
& waits for his love in the evening gloom.
 
The girl’s heart is shattered, her hope is gone,
The tears slide down her face as she faces the dawn.
 
The boy hears the girl’s sobs & comes to her side,
They look at each other, feel something strange inside.

The boy has a gun, the girl has a knife.
While holding hands, each takes his/her life.

 

(as always, purely fictional)

© 2008 Mercury Mirrors


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A reviewer said this is poem has romance. Sadly, suicide is anything but romantic and portraying suicide in a favorable light, such as romantic, lovely and/or beautiful is far from the truth of actual suicide. When suicide is written about in these terms, it can make this option even more attractive to someone possibly considering suicide. On the contrary, suicide is the result of depression and no one choose to be depressed. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation and when one dies by suicide, the grief and sorrow experienced by those left behind is unimaginable. Our society needs to be further educated about the tragedy of suicide, as a result of depression, it is similar to cancer - whereby cancer is a physical disease and sometimes can be treated, beaten & won, likewise with depression, it is an emotional cancer that can sometimes be beaten & won. The poem does portray utter sadness between the boy and the girl and is well written, its just best to be careful how to portray suicide. The written word is art and of course we cannot eliminate any art, whether written or visual, that shows violence or a tragedy simply because it may provoke further violence. Life is a gift, and each day is a blessing, every day is a new opportunity to start anew, with every sunrise we have the chance for renewal.



Posted 15 Years Ago


I like this a lot. The rhyme scheme is catchy, but even more so, the poem tells a story. A beautifully told story encapsulated in 10 lines.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is morbid and gorgeous. o= I love it so much. The idea of two strangers, meeting, and committing suicide together is so dark & yet, lovely and romantic in a way. Great job. (:

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2008
Last Updated on October 1, 2008

Author

Mercury Mirrors
Mercury Mirrors

Pensacola, FL



About
Okay, for lack of time, (and most of all for the sake of nostalgia for my angsty and self-absorbed teenage years), I have ripped one of those ancient myspace surveys from the forgotten planes of the i.. more..

Writing
ily. ily.

A Poem by Mercury Mirrors