Far Away

Far Away

A Story by Cy!
"

Just a small writing that describes me and a condition I might have. Hope you enjoy...

"


PUSHING the air out my lungs, causes a vapor of smoke to escape me. I watch as the smoke curls its dancing swirls into the air, then disappears. I liked to think that I was a machine. My heart playing the role of the engine. My brain playing the part as the computer...

Sitting on a park bench by a nearby stream, I stare in wonder at the frozen swirl of ice. I should feel something, something like what people tell me I am supposed to feel. I guess, I feel a bit cold. Pushing my gloved hands into my pocket, I squeeze then unsqueeze my hands to get some blood running. But is feeling cold, an emotional pain or physical pain...?

"Locket?"

My reaction in not sudden, but slow as I lift my head towards the voice. There I a boy I know from my school, walking towards me. A classmate I think, since he knows my name. I feel a bit awkward since I don't remember his. Or pretty much anyone in the school.

"Hey." I say.

He is close now, and decides to sit next to me on the bench.  "I am really glad, I ran into you actually."

Glad? He's glad to see me?

"I missed some of the homework the other day I was absent," He continues. "I don't think you happened to have the notes to it do you?"

I glower. Of course. He's not glad to see me. He is glad to see just some shy girl who has the notes to his stupid homework. Did I have the notes? Oh yeah. I did in my car. Would I give it to him?

"No."

He frowns. "No, what?"

"No I do not have the notes. Sorry."

I stand up, and fast-walk away, leaving him there with a dumb look on his face. Stupid, stupid, stupid. You were stupid to think you could get close to anyone. You were stupid to think you could be just as human as everyone else.

Walking away, I feel numbness take over. And I welcome it.

Don't let them touch you. Stay far, far away.

© 2017 Cy!


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Just a small writing that describes me and a condition I might have. Hope you enjoy.."

Well if your condition is being a young woman transitioning into adulthood and having lots of anxiety and mixed emotions along the way...that's understandable.

As far as the content of your writing, that's just the world we live in. The days of personalizing and making a connection with everyone you meet are done, for now. It's a dog eat dog world, and everyone is hungry.

With all that aside you have a great knack for telling a good story. You described the instance in a format that was enjoyable to read. The visualization was there and you could feel your disgruntled emotion jump out a smack the reader. You could see a young woman sitting on a bench near a stream, pondering existence, only to have some nobody trample through her world like a bumbling imbecile.

Keeping the reader reading is the best attribute of a writer...and I am a very lazy reader. You did very well in that aspect.

I enjoyed your write. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cy!

7 Years Ago

Thank you first of all, for your review. As for my "condition." it would be a little more complicate.. read more
Shy Joe

7 Years Ago

A fixation on anime and electronics....Can't argue with that! Sorry I misjudged your condition. I .. read more
I would have done the same thing if i was in your shoes. I mean the guy didn't even ask if you were feeling well or anything. He didn't care about that; the only thing he did care about was those stupid notes. Sorry, I'm starting to ramble. Anyway, I liked this a lot and reading this I feel like I understand you a little bit better. Other than a misuse of commas at the beginning (which really isn't a big deal) the whole thing was great. Looking forward to reading more from you, Locket :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Cy!

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading. >^< it was hard to write since it was a personal experience. It wasn't my wor.. read more
Sira YR

7 Years Ago

You are very welcome. And I hope u know that u have a friend here :)
Cy!

7 Years Ago

that's so nice, thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 6, 2017

Author

Cy!
Cy!

Albany, NY



About
hi i like reading, writing, video games, drawing holy crap i made this account a long time ago about time i change my bio? I have decided to move my writing to different website, but i also reme.. more..

Writing
Figuring it out Figuring it out

A Story by Cy!


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Cy!


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Cy!