For my sister...

For my sister...

A Story by Everchanging Disaster

It's funny how looking back, I don't remember spending more than 6 months with my sister. And although I don't know everything about her-in my soul I can feel that she is as much a part of me as my own heart and so, I know all I need to. I remember one Christmas I got a life size Barbie. I was about 11 and she put that ballerina skirt on and we both danced around the living room for hours. There are flashes from early on where she was tickling or kissing me, I don't really remember her face but I do remember her smile glowing like a candle-and my laugh echoing through the house. I remember one summer when she showed me how to put my hair in a bun-and I wore it like the every day for about a month. She was a cheerleader, and so, I was a cheerleader. She colored her hair, and so, I colored mine. She used brownish lipstick with a darker lip liner and even though I was about 13, when grandma wasn't looking I put on makeup because I wanted so badly to look just like her. All I wanted to be when I grew up was the kind of person I knew she was. Kind hearted, free spirited and strong willed. As fate would have it, apparently family's share more than just blood-because we have the same outrageous sense of humor. I learned from her how to laugh at everything. I never did take anything too seriously and I thank her for that. I also learned that when you love something you give it all you have because no matter how much you give away, no matter how much life disappoints you, hearts like the ones we have never run out of love. There are about a million things I could say that would testify to the unmatched character of the other half of my heart, but those memories are tucked away in the vault of my heart; so instead I will close by saying: If I could have any wish, It would be that I spend one more minute with her-to share one last laugh.
 

© 2008 Everchanging Disaster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think this poem goes to show that a sister can be a real soulmate. I am very fond of my own sister too. Despite not "spending more than 6 months" with her sister, the writer still expresses great love for her.

A few of the words give hope to the reader, perhaps. Especially these ones, "no matter how much you give away, no matter how much life disappoints you, hearts like the ones we have never run out of love".

Since there are fewer memories in this case (because of the relatively short time span), perhaps they feel even more precious to the writer? I felt that the final line was particularly sad. Just "one more minute" would have been appreciated by the writer, if it allowed for "one more laugh".

Touching and sincere.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a beautiful tribute to your sister, a pleasure to read this poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I shed a tear reading this. You are right, we haven't spent a lot of time together but blood runs DEEP. Love you more than you know!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 17, 2008
Last Updated on October 21, 2008

Author

Everchanging Disaster
Everchanging Disaster

About
The names Loeva...as in (L0W)-[E]-{VAH} Well I am living at home. Which is probably one of the best places for me. I was into some pretty bad trouble about two years ago but I consider myself fully re.. more..

Writing