For My Friend on Her Wedding Day

For My Friend on Her Wedding Day

A Poem by Everchanging Disaster
"

I think this will be my toast...

"

Love can be described as a disaster, a great car accident, and you are the one sifting through the wreckage. You are left to rummage through the mangled, battered and broken pieces of your heart-entangled in the debris. You take what belongs to you and walk away, hopefully unscathed. I know better than anyone that you have had your share of accidents, and just as you have witnessed mine I too have witnessed yours. Each time your heart was shattered I found myself clumsily trying to help you mend it well enough to endure the next. I tried even with no strength nor words that could convey those feelings in my heart to help you find your way. I know you have suffered down a long road filled with heartache but I am no longer worried, no longer do I stand on tip toes holding my breath afraid to turn away for fear you may fall because you no longer need me and if you should falter-I know he will catch you.

 

A wise person once told me that every day of your life is a season and the seasons are constantly changing-if you can weather the cold, the Sun will shine...And he is your Summer. Basque in the light and love of each day-but know that for you, this is only the beginning. You have a lifetime of happiness ahead.

 

I know that with him you will never be the same scarred and fragile girl that I once knew.

 

Love is finding someone with whom you can live as yourself, and laugh while doing so. It's finding the person who knows all your secrets-the ones even you chose to forget. It's knowing that no matter what-with each other, you cannot loose...and your hearts cannot be separated from one another.

 

Words cannot express the weight that has been lifted from my soul knowing that you have found that person. I can imagine you smiling everyday while living a life of love and acceptance. I now have only one hope in regards to your future...and that is that you live a long life so that you may enjoy this thing called love that we all try so hard to find, for as long as possible. It is a very temperamental thing-but I know together you will do just fine.

 

And to the man who has everything she needs-and all of her heart, Be gentle, love her and cherish her in the way that I know only you can. I love you both dearly and wish you all the love in my heart as you start down a road filled with surprises and greatness.
 

© 2008 Everchanging Disaster


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice and heartfelt. You can tell how much you want the best for your friend and how much you love her. It's not always easy handing those we love over to others and entrust them to their care and protection.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a beautiful tribute to your friend, she is lucky to have a friend like you. I wish all of you happiness and love.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5572 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 18, 2008
Last Updated on November 29, 2008

Author

Everchanging Disaster
Everchanging Disaster

About
The names Loeva...as in (L0W)-[E]-{VAH} Well I am living at home. Which is probably one of the best places for me. I was into some pretty bad trouble about two years ago but I consider myself fully re.. more..

Writing