what's going on?

what's going on?

A Chapter by L.simms
"

start of a new book

"

I am trapped in a world of eternal darkness. I don’t know how I got here, but I know it will be virtually impossible to escape. There are armed guards all over the place; with permission to shoot you on site if you try to leg it. It happened once before; to a young boy. He got sick of the place and in fury he ran across the field towards the fence; they shot him down, bullets were flying in from all directions. He was only fourteen.

 

 Before I came here my name was Kaitlyn Ann Rose, but now I’m referred to as 479128396, well that’s what the guards refer me as anyway. There are millions of us, but to the guards we’re all just a bunch of numbers. It hurts to be thought of in that way; as something inhuman, as something that can be fashioned in an orderly

Way. It’s horrid.

Sometimes I cry myself to sleep at night because the horrors from the day still fill my head.

 

 I remember the time before I was trapped in this world of evil. I had a brilliant relationship with my parents. My parents. Would they be worried about me? Would they even notice I was gone? Would they consider a search party? Then I realised a search party wouldn’t be no good because wherever I am, I don’t think I’m on earth.

 

 

Where I am, the food is inedible, our beds are nothing but straw spread out on the floor and we are nothing but slaves to everybody.

 

“Get a move on, 598160! We haven’t got all day, you know!” One of the guards screamed at a young, ragged girl, who looked no younger than six. She was struggling to push a cart, full of bricks, when suddenly, she tripped. “Get up you lazy, ignorant, little blitter! The guard yelled as he whipped the young girl and she cried out in agony. I couldn’t stand it any longer and I ran over to shield the girl from the torture weapon. “You stupid, idiotic girl!” the guard bellowed in my face. “Well the whip should be banned! Besides, you wouldn’t like to be whipped!” I yelled back. Then suddenly, he lunged at me and my head came in contact with the ground and every thing went black.

 

I woke up in what seemed like a prison cell, with shackles linking my wrists and another pair linking my ankles. It was agony.

 

I tried to get up, but I was too weak to move; I tried to shout out for help but all that came out was a whisper. In the end, I gave up and collapsed in a heap on the floor.

 

Outside the prison cell that held me captive, the guards including the one I had argued with, taunted and hurled abuse at me.

 

All I had done was protect a young girl from there torturous, disturbed ways. There’s nothing wrong with that; is there?

 

Soon they got tired of taunting me and left me alone. As I started to cry, a guard approached me. What did he want? As he came closer, I backed myself as far into the darkness as I could go.

“It’s alright” he whispered “I won’t hurt you.”

 “Prove it.” I mumbled.

 “Alright. Look, no TASER or any other weapon for a fact.” And he raised his hands to prove it.

 “All right, all right. I believe you.”

“Come with me; I know a way out of here” he ushered

“Why should I trust you? And how do I know you’re not like the others”

“Would I be helping you right now if I was like the other guards?”

“Well you have a point.” I reasoned. And that was the start of our friendship



© 2010 L.simms


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 14, 2010
Last Updated on July 14, 2010


Author

L.simms
L.simms

high wycobe, bucks, United Kingdom



About
writings cool more..

Writing
Song lyrics Song lyrics

A Poem by L.simms