I'm a Mess

I'm a Mess

A Poem by Lola_Bee

I’m a mess she said, yet there was nothing visibly messy about her, She was beautifully kept.

But he knew, he saw the messy soul and wild heart and he knew.

She had more than life in her, she craved a drowning kind of love, the kind of love that swallows your entire being.

She had depth, layers and layers of thoughts, of dreams, of imagination.

She was a mess indeed, like a painting with all the colors splashed across the canvas.

She was a mess indeed, like the raging ocean with hues of blues.

She was a mess indeed, like thunder on a beautiful summers eve.

She was not the kind of mess she thought she was.

She was the kind of mess he would never want to clean up.

I’m a mess she said, and he understood not what she said but what she felt.

He pulled her closer, squeezed her harder, held her tighter and whispered.

You are not a mess, 

You are a masterpiece.



Image result for beautiful woman mystery black and white

© 2018 Lola_Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"You are not a mess,
You are a masterpiece."

To be appreciated for our own true colors, splashed across the canvas, in all their runny-ness, their blotchiness and their inconsistencies and still be considered a masterpiece is a blessing. To be a mess that someone loves must be awesome and terrific! You write so well!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lola_Bee

5 Years Ago

well hello there. thank you for your comment. I appreciate it so much. My writing is very simple and.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Nice to meet you. You’re most welcome :)



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
I certainly can relate to the theme and words in this one......

As i have discovered, just like art, a masterpiece of human proportion can come in various forms. Some are beautiful on the outside and messy within, or the opposite, messy on the outside and beautiful within. More fortunate souls have beauty in complete proportions. In all forms, once loved and appreciated, all three types are a masterpiece in their own right. I, too, have a masterpiece and a glorious one she is at that.

This was a very romantic storytelling. Powerful, emotive and moralistic in those excellent final lines. Very well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Well what's masterpiece without mess and what's poet without writing. We need,all aspects of this life,to absorb in order to create masterpiece like this.

Posted 5 Years Ago


"You are not a mess,
You are a masterpiece."

To be appreciated for our own true colors, splashed across the canvas, in all their runny-ness, their blotchiness and their inconsistencies and still be considered a masterpiece is a blessing. To be a mess that someone loves must be awesome and terrific! You write so well!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lola_Bee

5 Years Ago

well hello there. thank you for your comment. I appreciate it so much. My writing is very simple and.. read more
Dhara_Ditzy Kat

5 Years Ago

Nice to meet you. You’re most welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2018
Last Updated on November 6, 2018

Author

Lola_Bee
Lola_Bee

Cape Town, South Africa



About
just a young soul wondering through the authenticity of Life and the love, hope & trouble accompanied by it. more..

Writing
SHADOW SHADOW

A Poem by Lola_Bee


Untangled Untangled

A Poem by Lola_Bee


Pieces Pieces

A Poem by Lola_Bee