Little Light

Little Light

A Poem by London Calling
"

I write allot of poems for dead people, this was for Lisa (13) who passed away from cancer this month.

"

 

For Lisa
 
Only you could’ve shone through the doubt,
Only you could’ve beamed through the pain.
Your strength inspired and awed.
But yet we won’t see that smile again.
 
You fought a brave battle,
Against a monster bigger than us all.
You wouldn’t give up hope,
Such a feat for someone so small.
 
You, a heroine at such a young age,
Enduring the anguish, enduring the reality.
Your light dimming as your time neared,
The little light left will last an eternity.
 
You, little light, have touched us all.
You have brought tears to strangers,
You have taught us to be fearless,
And to face and defy life’s dangers.
 
Because of your light, strength, faith.
We know where we will see you again,
We know this loss was not in vain,
We know your light will shine again.

© 2009 London Calling


Author's Note

London Calling
Its a bit pooh, but opinions would be appreciated none the less.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ahhh your lil' friend, so sad....cancer runs rampid im my family, so i feel your pain so well over this one...my Godness you write a mighty fine poem for such a dear friend.

I look at life this way.....when God calls us home...it means he needs a special angel, there are so many people on earth as it is in heaven, and I really belive God gives us, gaurdian angels, he never takes the bad ones, just the good...ok now im gonna cry....wow...

Posted 14 Years Ago


first, it saddens me that most poems that come from the heart, are exactly that. from going through it. that being said, it's a beautiful sentiment. again..i like your work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It's sentimental and some people hate that. But what the hell, if that is how you felt and that is how she was, it is a great poem and anyone who knew Lisa wld surely wipe a tear from their eye on reading it. I think it is right that poets try and honour the dead if and when they can. I have 3 kids so poems about kids' joys n sorrows always connect with me. I don't know if Lisa's parents have seen your words. But I believe they wld comfort them. To have a poet try and honour your child seems a fine thing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is well written. Beautiful. Touching. Well done. It always breaks my heart when something like that happens. Or when you see a little girl with cancer, or in a wheel chair. It's weird the way things come about. How some people live completely healthy normal lives and take it for granted, and then young children are stricken with a deadly disease and they have more hope and joy than any of us "adults". You did great. Don't get so down on yourself. This was really well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, this was heartbreaking, but so beautiful at the same time. I love it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I found no flaw in this work.

The detailed sincerity shines through, just like little Lisa's light. Great job on this touching piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 25, 2009

Author

London Calling
London Calling

Jozi , Tattoos, South Africa



About
Mental person, who happens to enjoy writing. Love music with every ounce within me...(only decent music that is). Love poetry, love reading, love using the brain I was blessed with! Have a morbid.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..