The Dearest Flower

The Dearest Flower

A Story by Long Whispers

Once, I had known a flower that existed to shed the fragrance of glee in my at that time, dull life. I eschewed the lovely petals it held, the green leafs that added more beauty to it and everything that made its outside attractive. Leaving it all behind, I went straight for the hidden possession, its mind.


It was a unique flower with a unique possession, a beautiful brain. Digging deeper and deeper, I started feeding on its mind like some bee hungry for intellect. Flower's gorgeous thoughts would take me to a place I called ecstasy that I, never even for once, wished to return from. It was a flower so beautiful, better than any flower I had ever known. The flower owned something more than just a mind. It had its own uniqueness that soon I got intoxicated to.


But one day, the flower closed all its petals to me, asked me to go look for a better flower than it. I hurt myself, touched every thorn the flower put in my way to push me far away. Thought the flower would sympathize seeing me bleed through every wound. I was delusional. It was too late to realize the flower had everything, except a heart. Hurt and betrayed, I looked everywhere in search of a new flower. But never found one better.


All broken, I cursed the flower enough for deserting me like this, in a state worse than death. The curse

was heard. Somebody plucked my flower and killed it.

© 2017 Long Whispers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on March 10, 2017
Last Updated on March 10, 2017

Author

Long Whispers
Long Whispers

Pakistan



About
Help me improve, will you? more..

Writing