Stuck On You!

Stuck On You!

A Story by Long Whispers

Last night, I tried hard to sleep, like every other night, but your thoughts didn't spare me even a moment of peace and amidst the dark night, it brought me the memory of your favorite song. I played the song for the first time since you left me. It felt like my heart ceased for those three minutes. And those excruciating three minutes felt like the longest of my whole life. I harked back the days, when you'd sing this song to me. It didn't feel so strong, back then, the much it felt last night. I thought it's going to burst open my heart, and break me all over again into pieces that can't be put back together. It did! Tears started slipping out of my hopeless eyes at the line 'I only believe in forever if it's with you'. And then continued another night of heavy heart and no sleep.


Today, I crossed the place you used to talk to me about, with passion. This place couldn't forget you either, it talked of you, it smelled of you. I could feel you, all over again, by my side. My heart was going through a conflictual emotion, it would feel joy in recalling the first time we came here holding hands, bringing to my face, slight grins. But the next alternation would start popping up so soon, even before I'd get to live it completely, be it only in my sweet memory. It'd be replaced swiftly by a pain so tormenting, in which I'm reminded that you're no more here and that I'm left to cross the place, all alone. Nevertheless, I kept ignoring it right away, calling back my sweet reverie of you while I roamed the place, looking for you.

I realize I should not be doing all this. Roaming into places that you liked to get the essence of you. Hearing your favorite songs to recall what it felt like to have you near. Reading your never deleted texts to feel what I once meant to you. I don't have it in me to quit all this. I'm weak. I deliberately do all this to keep your memory alive forever more. I can't let it become a blur in my mind and fade away with age. I know I should work on fighting you off my heart. But maybe not everyone wants to move on. May be even after all this, my heart still doesn't want to give up on you.

© 2017 Long Whispers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can relate to it. I usually don't read stories but yours are drawing my attention. I am glad I came across them. Again you have truly expressed your emotions. It is human tendency to miss a person we can never really forget because when we remind ourself that we want to forget a person we still keep remembering them.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Long Whispers

7 Years Ago

And I'm glad you are giving your precious time to my words. This means a lot!
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

You're welcome :)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

This is a relatable write. You penned out the emotions quite well. Sometimes it's the memories we hold on to that keep us alive while that person moves on. But in time we realize it doesn't do any good to live with the memories and forget living..
One thing though: you should remove the background text colour as it creates a somewhat weird effect on the reader. Or maybe it's just me lol just a suggestion.
Good write 👍

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Long Whispers

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reading it out and appreciating it! Also, for the suggestion. I'll definitely avoid.. read more
Dr. YumnaKay

7 Years Ago

You're welcome! Always a pleasure reading good works 😊
The nostalgia is hard! I can relate to this on so many levels! You write amazing, gut-wrenching stories. So happy to come across this :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Long Whispers

7 Years Ago

Your precious words mean so much! Thanks a lot! :')
Sonakshi Arora

7 Years Ago

My pleasure :D
I am looking forward to reading your works
I can relate to it. I usually don't read stories but yours are drawing my attention. I am glad I came across them. Again you have truly expressed your emotions. It is human tendency to miss a person we can never really forget because when we remind ourself that we want to forget a person we still keep remembering them.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Long Whispers

7 Years Ago

And I'm glad you are giving your precious time to my words. This means a lot!
Najam Us Saher

7 Years Ago

You're welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2017
Last Updated on March 10, 2017

Author

Long Whispers
Long Whispers

Pakistan



About
Help me improve, will you? more..

Writing