Demons at the Gate

Demons at the Gate

A Poem by Jonathon Wood

[VI]
You know that time you analyze your life only to realize it's nothing like you want it to be? Five years from now you're going to be the complete opposite of who you want to be. That moment you realize life means nothing. You could die, but the world wouldn't change time. No one would even cry. Your life has no value, not even to yourself. Where do you go from there? Do you run, or do you stand tall? Do you take the fall, or rise above it all? The demons are knocking hard at the door, while you cower on the floor. You're tired of runnin', but to exhausted to fight. The demons take delight in this moment above all, because this is where you fall. You crawl, hopin' someone will save you. Hopin' your friends will come bail you out, but then you think. All your friends are gone, and you're all alone. It's in these moments you truly decide where you're going, and who you are. Will you become the warrior, and press on, or will you become the servant, and surrender it all?

[Chorus]
Life is rough. Life is tough.Stand up when you've had enough. I got your back, with an army of fans, who are glad to destroy any enemy of mine. So walk away from the fright, and step on into the light. I got your back till the end. Just you and me, my friend.

[VII]
These demons are tricksters, worse than hipsters. Make you want to scream f**k, spread wings like a duck, and just fly away into the day. You're done. You're fed up. You just don't give a f**k. Like look at me, I'm done. You shun,like I give a single care in the world. Watch me flip this table, I'll burn the establishment down to the ground. Watch me drown in my own sorrow that I borrowed from every person I've helped. I've dealt so much s**t I'm fed up. I didn't come into this life expecting to be admired, but rather to set fire to the rain. This is my game, and my day. You strays are just ugly. Now put a middle finger in the air for every time you never cared. Scream at the top of your lungs, cause you don't give a f**k. Release the inner Teddy in you. 

[Chorus]

[VIII]
I don't think you get it. I'm not mad, but I'm nowhere near glad. I appreciate the fans, and the fam, and the glam. It's nice to be admired, and no I'm not tired of this thing in my life. You all give me purpose, so I deliver a message to generation in need. Honestly you feed the hunger that brews in my stomach, for admiration. So I'll never tell you salutations. Instead I'll shake your hand, and be glad for each and everyone of you. Truly a blessing in my life. 

[Chorus]

© 2013 Jonathon Wood


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on May 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013
Tags: Demons at the Gate, Teddy, Songs, Lyrics, Rap

Author

Jonathon Wood
Jonathon Wood

Greenwood, AR



About
Just a young writer. more..

Writing