Dear dad

Dear dad

A Poem by Emily
"

a letter to my dad

"
Dear Dad, 
You left this world tragically on October 18th, 2012. You were killed tragically at work, a place you were everyday since you were 18. I was the only one home when the two cars rushed into the driveway and I was greeted by Aunt Donna. The look on her face I knew something was wrong, really wrong. But I never thought God would take you from me. I need you. The pain without you here is so unbearable. I feel like I'm lost in the middle of a dark forest all alone with nowhere to go. I keep searching and waiting for you, but you're nowhere to be found. You show up in my dreams which is a harsh reminder when I wake up that I have to live the rest of my life without you. I have to celebrate all the milestones of my future....without you. You won't be there to walk me down the isle. You wont be there to hold your grandchildren. How do I go on without you. 

© 2018 Emily


Author's Note

Emily
Trying to put my feelings out there in a healthy manner. Have really found peace in writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Funny how I find this on the anniversary of my mother's death. (April 13, 1973) You're doing the right thing by writing about it. If I'm any indication of how it goes, the pain never completely dissipates. You will remember him and miss him and think about him from time to time. We are humans, endowed with hearts that feel.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily

6 Years Ago

He is definitely a constant on my mind. Always wondering what hes thinking. What he'd be saying....



Reviews

Tragic that you should suffer the loss of your Dad at such an early age. You will always miss him, but as time passes, that loss becomes easier to manage. Your grief is raw and it comes through in this piece of writing. Keep writing it will help you. I wrote a Dear Dad poem sometime back, I may post it here because I am new on this site. Light a candle for him, that helps too.

Best wishes

Chris

Posted 6 Years Ago


Funny how I find this on the anniversary of my mother's death. (April 13, 1973) You're doing the right thing by writing about it. If I'm any indication of how it goes, the pain never completely dissipates. You will remember him and miss him and think about him from time to time. We are humans, endowed with hearts that feel.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Emily

6 Years Ago

He is definitely a constant on my mind. Always wondering what hes thinking. What he'd be saying....
and i am really sorry for the loss. the loss of a loved one is one hard thing to bear but it goes a little bit easy over the course of time, cherish those good memories and grief is one emotion that we have to consider to start moving on. he may not be there during your milestones in the future physically but in spirit he will always be there.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 12, 2018
Last Updated on April 12, 2018
Tags: sad, grief, death