Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by LoperForLife

Running is second nature to me. It has to be. But tonight, running is so much harder than it should be. Of course, running from a deadly accurate gun held by a vengeful gang member would be easier then running from a shaky one held by a former lover with hooded eyes.
After the first shot rang out, clear and promising in the crisp night air, I could hardly make myself keep sprinting away. Booted feet hitting cobblestone in irregular patterns, I almost wanted to go back to that steely barrel and pull the trigger against my own skull. 
His eyes were crystalline with tears. I knew telling him that deep, angry sectre would end badly. What did i tell him? Not the mainstream "I'm cheating on you" or "we should see other people". No, I would be the one to tell him I'm a different species, one that his family and him have been hunting to extinction. The ultimate forbidden, unseen love.
I would be that lucky. 
Flashbacks dance behind my eyes. Soft touches, loving caresses, hopeful glances. It all hurts. Branded into my brain. But I have to keep running, keep going deeper into the velvety hold of the night.


© 2013 LoperForLife


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A nice opening scene! Filled with good imagery and I like the way the main character is narrating the story. I could pick up the characters emotional ups and downs as the thoughts spin through their head. Nice Ink!

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LoperForLife

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :)
Fourth sentence, first paragraph, you used 'on' instead of one. This sounds so interesting! Especially the species part!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LoperForLife

11 Years Ago

Oh darn it! And thanks :)
Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

Yep! You can fix it by editing.
LoperForLife

11 Years Ago

Sweet! Thanks girl

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2013
Last Updated on January 24, 2013



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..