.....and we held our breath

.....and we held our breath

A Poem by Loribeth215
"

love

"

 

 

….and we held our breath

 

for a time, it seemed

that was the coldest of nights

it was sweet

your hands held mine

and between us

a shiver, a thrill, a fear,

the night chill was warmed between us

our words made clouds of the frozen air

so you bent near, and I felt

the warmth of your soul

how it skipped and dived to meet my skin

and knowing, all before had brought us to this

that pause just before your lips met mine

to kiss

with a whisper, a quiver...this torture of bliss

and we held our breath.

© 2008 Loribeth215


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this torture of bliss... love that. Can be so true in describing the desire of love. This was so gentle like a whisper from the heart.

our words made clouds of the frozen air

cool imagery!

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow so nice the winter night so cold and freezing yet we never felt ,for the air between us went warm and you come near and close with a pause you put a kiss on quivering lips waiting for you and then ,then,we hold our breath and i can feel ,and its so lovely ,just great from beginning to end...

Posted 15 Years Ago


This possesses passion and sweetness ... and it is rhythmically very pleasing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really loved it!
Very raw and passionate...The ending is just perfect!
Great work

Posted 15 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this, on a few levels. I remember that first kiss, well - some of them - not all of them. No, I am not a s**t - lol, I just have a habit of falling for the wrong person time and time again. Still, there is no denying that magic of that first kiss - that cannot be rushed - and how in that moment, times stops and you hold your breath.

The main part that I enjoyed though, was this being set in the cold. There is no mistaking the warmth of love when you are set in the cold... it is beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


OH I love this one too! I felt like I was there while reading this. excellent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love that...really romantic and I'm like the most bitter person right now ever so its a great accomplishment haha. Great job, very pleasent to read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


*sigh* I've felt this before...such a beautiful moment. This reminds me of the passion and rapture of young love...holding hands and kissing for the first time. The "cold" aspect added a nice juxtaposition to the warmth of passion and the bliss of falling in love. Nicely written!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

902 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 26, 2008

Author

Loribeth215
Loribeth215

CA



About
I write poetry and stories, but you'll see more of the former than the later, as I am trying to sell several stories to online publishers. You can see many of my stories on the following websites: .. more..

Writing
Far Away Far Away

A Poem by Loribeth215



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Squashed! Squashed!

A Poem by O!