Hindering Spirit

Hindering Spirit

A Poem by Lorraine Pearson
"

those things that disturb one's sleep and carry over into the day...

"

Hindering Spirit

Photobucket

Hindering Spirit
By: Lorraine Pearson
March 3, 2008

("and in the twilight of the morning, it appeared to me at foot of my bed…beckoning me, coaxing me, telling me what I was good for, and it wasn't so good…")


Shape-shifter hovering
Overhead
Twisting words
Of hopeless dread
Painting pictures for
My mind to see
Intending
To leave me
Hopeless…

I've seen
Your bag of tricks
Before…
Leaving me
Paralyzed
Inside your walls-
Of angst,
Debauchery and chains
I'm not
Your slave,
Your w***e,
Your blame…

Now

Dark is bright,
Your playground's
Mine
I've seen your blood,
I've drank your wine
Vintage; smoke, mirrors
Steam and fire
I won't
Be owned
By your desire
Anymore…


© Lorraine Pearson 2008

© 2008 Lorraine Pearson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
I like the strength and independence of this. I think too often we give away our power to the personalities or pricipalities that challenge us. It's then that we willfully enter into defeat. That's just not acceptable.
Very strong piece! Congratulations!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this one, it's beautiful somehow.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with kelly, they need all the help they can get and we ourselves need to be that help. it is for a reason we are given abilities and to use them selfishly for gain or otherwise only weakens and destroys them. I feel we are all one and the dark ones are nothing more then lost hopeless spirits who have commited the unspeakable act of blasphemy of thier holy spirit. in essence they have stayed in the dark so long they have become lovers of it and have forgotten who they truly are and can not recall it no matter what because they CHOOSE to believe otherwise.

free will in reverse in essence. Such a sad state and it is a very hollow feeling obviously and that is why they lack the emotions the crave and look to feed on those who are still in them.

great write and very meaningfull. should be paid attention to by all.

l8r g8r
-Tao

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interesting piece. Not many can see thru the disguise....Similiar to 'Fascade of Lust' in referring to the unseen and exposing the plan to distroy. I love exposing the distroyer to the truth, not mistaking the victims that can't see them for the evil ones themselves. They who don't see, need all the help they can get....
Thanks for sharing this thought provoking piece.
Kelly

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2008
Last Updated on April 16, 2008

Author

Lorraine Pearson
Lorraine Pearson

Largo, FL



About
I am a freed soul that enjoys writing as much as reading. Its exciting to be amongst others in a forum such as this where no matter the path I'm on in my journey through life, I know I can express wh.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..