Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump

A Poem by Lorraine Pearson
"

"for my sweet simpleton"

"

forrest gump

Forrest Gump
By: Lorraine Pearson
March 9, 2008


Dear Forrest, my sweet simpleton

I've loved you, always…as a good friend can!

The depths in which you understand so few have understood

Too often I have wondered if it's because your simple…you're so good.

To be bound to another, through thick and thin

As you did with your "Jenny,"

Certainly showed you knew "what love is"

In the mix of "Carrots and peas."

Your wisdom speaks in volumes when "that is all you had to say about that."

And when it is you choose to speak, you leave me pondering as a matter of fact.

Your actions scream aloud from your heart; its surely love that moves you to this

And your "Mamma" knew this about you from the start,

So she explained things 'til you knew your bliss.

Forrest, sweet Forrest, you inspire me-you do so continuously!

And because of you, I know, when all else fails, all I need do is to

KEEP RUNNING!


© Lorraine Pearson 2008

© 2008 Lorraine Pearson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How ironic-A few weeks ago, the movie was on TV and my significant other had never seen it! We sat, mesmerized. Both of us had tears in our eyes. I couldn't speak or they really would have fallen. I love that guy!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Running has been OK for a while, but I am ready to stop soon. I too love the Forrest. He was able to explain the most complicated matter with only a few words. Very rare indeed. Thanks for the write.
m

Posted 15 Years Ago


I can't really add anything more to what has already been said. I'm in love with the message here. I fervently hope that we can get back to the simple decency, depicted in the travels of a fictional simpleton, that was once the foundation of this country.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Charming...never thought I'd see this day...;) It was a great movie with a tribute to simple basics and a certain comraderie.

I'll read more of your work..

Nice job.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome! I LOVED THIS! this is one of my most favorite movies ever and to see an ode to forest gump up here really makes me feel happy. if anybody deserves it, it is forest, but with all the rest it is like that damn box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. :)

great write. loved it

l8r g8r
-Tao

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Super great. I love this movie and you did an excellent job capturing it here. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this. So true that when all else fails we keep moving, running. Our motion allows us to burn away negativity and create such a blissful state of endorphines and gives us time to think and reflect with each foot step!
Great Write! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 10, 2008
Last Updated on April 16, 2008

Author

Lorraine Pearson
Lorraine Pearson

Largo, FL



About
I am a freed soul that enjoys writing as much as reading. Its exciting to be amongst others in a forum such as this where no matter the path I'm on in my journey through life, I know I can express wh.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hills Hills

A Poem by Emily B





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114