My Angel

My Angel

A Story by Lostsoul
"

Short storie, About how even through death life can still be amazing.

"

 

As I was woken just like every other day, to my surprise it was an Angel this time. Come to take me away. I looked up and smiled. As she reached out her hand and took mine. We rose out of my room and into the sky. And that is when I had to ask "why"?
She just looked down at me and smiled, because she knew. That in time all would make sense to me and this was true. I knew the time had come she was here to take me home. I chose a path that few choose to take. To try to fight to try breath to try to run its all in vain for some.
Now, my thoughts they turned to something new. How would the people who knew me react to me being gone? I looked up and said "Please one more time"? She smiled. An in a flash I was there. My body was in bed just like I hadn’t left it at all. The pill bottle still in hand. My room was cold when she came in to awake me. But this time I wasn’t going to wake up. I wasn’t going to school. I wasn’t going to eat breakfast and listen to dad talk about work. No on this day, I was free of this place.
                As I stood there and watched my mother shake me to wake me, she begins to scream. Father ran in with the phone in hand. 911 was only a minute away. But I knew this time nothing would work. I watched as they made them leave, as they told my family it didn’t look good. Now as my Angel stood with me hand in hand. I looked at her as they moved what was once my body out of my room. I asked yet again "Can we"?
                The next thing I knew I was in the ER, There stood father straight as ever but this time I could tell he was trying not to cry. There was mother on her knee's screaming at the sky "WHY? Why my baby?"Why did you take him?" Why GOD Why?"! I walked over to her and put my hand on your shoulder. "Mother “ I whispered. "Don’t cry or scream don’t think of me any different."Remember me as I once was."Because mother."I’m happy now"."The pain is gone”. I feel happy and my Angel is here in hand."So mother I say."Please don’t cry it’s my time to go away."
                With those words, my Angel led me away. She took my hand and looked down upon me with a smile that said everything is going to be ok.But as we turned to go. I begin to wonder...."But Angel what about my brother?"Or my sister?"What about my Friends?"Will they be ok without me?"With those words she looked down upon me and flash.
                The light was bright but I opened my eyes upon a site. I lay in a casket. In a church and I knew this was the day...The day that would come in time I knew. The day they lay my body in the grave. So I walked over and looked in and there I was. But I was peaceful. I had a smile on my face that I forgot existed.
                Now the doors burst open and in came the family. To my surprise it was all of them. Together at last. There stood father trying not to cry. A mother who couldn’t cry any more. There stood my brother who was trying to grasp that I wasn’t coming back anymore. My sister who was crying and holding mother. In came my friend’s people who I never knew. They all told my family how sorry they were. How bad they felt yet, they never even knew.
                Now watching all this unfold I begin to question my choice that night. Was it right to do what I did? With angel in hand, I walked over to mother one last time. I touched her shoulder and said. "Mother don’t cry, I’ll be ok."My angel is here with me."An I don’t regret a thing."Mother I wouldn’t go back and change the outcome if I could."I know you wish we could."But mother, just remember I love you and father and you will be ok."I'll leave my Angel for you."She well guide you and help you every day just like she did me."
                I stood up and I knew it was time to go. My Angel took my hand and led me away. Through the light to a better place. An as I walked away I smiled, I knew I was happy now. I was happy at last.
                As I was lead away. A woman came up to mother and touched her shoulder. She held a baby. A beautiful little girl. A baby only weeks old. She let mother hold her. An she said. With tears in her eyes and a crack in her voice. "Was it?" Was it what killed him?" And for the first time in weeks she smiled and stood. "Yes it was she said."The infection, the smoke, and the burns took his life."We knew this day would come. They just sent him home from the hospital to be comfortable."We found him with his medicine in hand."But you know, if he hadn’t run in that burning, house to save your baby."She would have died."I’m proud of my son for that."
                And with them last words mother looked down, Upon the face of my Angel.
 

© 2009 Lostsoul


Author's Note

Lostsoul
Im up and coming, so any constructive criticism is appreciated. Also sorry for any grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now this is a wonderful story
I like it eveyrthing held toegther well
the plot and characters.
Well written

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 28, 2009

Author

Lostsoul
Lostsoul

Broken Bow, NE



About
Im a fan of rock music, and out doors. I trying to live life to the fullest, but some times get caught up along the way. Have a beutiful baby girl who inspires me in life to keep going. more..