Chapter 1; You're a Titan now

Chapter 1; You're a Titan now

A Chapter by LoveSickCrow
"

We meet the main protagonist, Johnn, aka Doc, who is the new medic presented to the Titan squad.

"
I wasn't ready. No training could have me ready for anything they were going to send me in. The training didn't tell you what it is like to be shot at, they don’t train you to watch genocide in front of your eyes. They don’t train you for the mental trauma that fallowed. I am freaking out right now and I have not even arrived to the Fangbor outpost. I and a couple other men were packed in a transport truck taking us to our new homes.
I should be more optimistic though, after all the entire reason for putting my life on the line was to make sure our race was not completely eradicated from the face of this earth by the humans. Now I don’t want to say that the humans are bad guys because they have their reason...but yeah all in all they are a bunch of dicks. My bad...I haven't even told you who is telling this story. My name is Johnny, but due to the lack of "coolness" I have people call me simply Doc.
Yep the big red cross on my shoulder, chest, helmet, very soul, will tell you that I am the man to come to your aid in a fire fight. And as for my physical features, I am a very handsome grey fox...well that’s what my mother would say at least. I was just the average male height and standard build for a man in the army.
I didn't know to much of my knew placement other then I was going to the Fangbor outpost, located somewhere in the tundra’s of Russia, to meet up with my new squad, The Titans. That sure sounds like a lovely name, though when I was a kid I watched a show that would have put disgrace to the name...I sat uncomfortably between a tall brute of a leopard and one hella stinky skunk.(What was I going to expect...) But my grueling torture was soon set to an end as the truck came to a stop."Alright boys we are here, just run around awkwardly until you find someone that you assume you belong to."Said the driver."Gee wilikers thanks! That sure gives me a positive outlook on how this day will play out."I said to myself as I stepped off.

I looked around for a moment and to my unfounded surprise I didn't see anyone who seemed to take interest in me, looks like i better start walking around awkwardly until I find someone who I think I belong to. I walked to the barracks, the seemingly wise place to look, in order to find my comrades. The outpost was bustling with activity, it seem as though everyone was either lifting weights, getting yelled at, staring at a blank field, or...oh god that man is drunk...not all of them where drunk...and if that wasn't worse he is getting yelled out...and trying to lift weights. This man was some form of over achiever by this outpost's standards. Now all he has to do is look at an empty field and he will be Clock magazines furry of the year.
I made my way to the barracks and saw a group of men, a German shepherd, whom had that leader feeling to him, a Fox, who just judging by the welding torch in his hand, and the way he seemed to carry himself proud, seemed to me to be a engineer. And of course the big guy of the group, a jet black Wolf with long dreadlocks down the back of his head."...Either you are a new guy or you are the new Titan if you waltz in here without our authorization."Said the German Shepherd."Um...both actually."I said as I stood there awkwardly.
They all looked at me, looked at each other, looked back at me, looked back at each other, looked into themselves, and then back at me."Are you the Medic?"The fox asked."Uh...yeah."I said still standing in my awkward stance."Ah that explains it."Said the wolf. I had no idea what they were thinking of me so I had no idea whether I should have taken offence from the comment or not.
At that moment a cat that was the striking image of a true sniper stumbled in."Show some respect on the deck for the dear departed."He sang with a slur."Welcome back Scruff, need to take a lie down?"Asked the German Sheppard."Yes sar."He said and just fell where he stood. I could now see that he was the man I had seen being the over achiever a moment before."Does he always get drunk?"I asked."Only on Tuesdays."Said the fox.
"Oh, how rude of you to not introduce yourself."Said the wolf. I stood there a moment waiting for their introductions until I realized he turned the statement on me."You can just call me Doc."I said."Well alright Doc, I am Rex, this here is Marco."He said slapping the foxes back."And this is Double N."He said pointing to the wolf."Double N?"I asked curiously."It means No name...you can’t expect me to be the most creative man here."He said."And that's Scruff."He said as he looked down at the Irish cat.
"Now that you are acquainted with the team, get your gear ready and get some rest, we are heading out on a convoy watch tomorrow."Rex said."Already? I just got here..."I said. Rex jumped up and looked me square in the eye."No complaining."He said as he kept a keen eye on me.
"You're a Titan now."


© 2015 LoveSickCrow


Author's Note

LoveSickCrow
Furry content inbound

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 4, 2015
Tags: #furry, #war


Author

LoveSickCrow
LoveSickCrow

Little Rock, AR



About
Just a fair warning most of the stories I right will be a furry subject, but it won't be pushed too hard more..

Writing