Coming Home

Coming Home

A Poem by Love Well Spent
"

A short, sweet poem that describes how I feel when I'm riding a horse.

"

Coming Home


I pick up the reins and click my tongue


Soon we are off and heading in the direction of the sun


It is a clear, beautiful day with no cloud in sight


I close my eyes and let the harmonic movements of horse and rider take flight


Creating a smooth and perfect rhythm, a feeling that never grows old


I throw my head back and laugh


I am home


© 2013 Love Well Spent


Author's Note

Love Well Spent
I always appreciate reviews, so feel free to leave me your thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
My favorite thing about this poem is that each line is in and of itself. It does not flow into the next line or lead to something else. It explains itself and ends so that the next line may begin. I don't know if you did this intentionally or not, but I really enjoy it.
And I enjoy how the only line that does flow into and lead to the next is the very last one. Ending a poem with an adequate and memorable change is important and I think that you successfully accomplished that here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

What a review! Thank you so much. :)



Reviews

Ah! So touchable .. so touchable write! It expresses the muses of yours like how you feel, sound when you ride and of course how lucky the horse is having you getting his rein pulled back by your thin hands. Sounds intriguing! Lucky horse ..huh. Anyway, nice poem, again ..you've captured the few moments of your life in the beautiful words.

Keep up the great performance!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I love the whole aspect of the harmonic movements of rider and horse. I'm a rider myself and i find it exhilarating every time. I enjoyed this. It reminds me of those beautiful days on horseback.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
This is really, really good. My sister especially would love this--she's into horses a lot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
-
My favorite thing about this poem is that each line is in and of itself. It does not flow into the next line or lead to something else. It explains itself and ends so that the next line may begin. I don't know if you did this intentionally or not, but I really enjoy it.
And I enjoy how the only line that does flow into and lead to the next is the very last one. Ending a poem with an adequate and memorable change is important and I think that you successfully accomplished that here.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

What a review! Thank you so much. :)
Abeautifully painted picture of that moment in life when you feel so free and alive. Beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Distant horizons

11 Years Ago

Welcome :-)
"I close my eyes and let the harmonic movements of horse and rider take flight" beautiful. Short and Sweet and had excellent imagery and a downright sense of feeling good, expressing joy to be home. As they say, there's no place like home. This poem describes that beautifully.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
a sweet ending to a prairie love story. I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!
This is really lovely. Riding a horse can give you an awesome feeling like you are flying. This piece creates a beautiful and peaceful image in my mind, makes me want to go out and ride a horse myself! lol

Great Job

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :)
Nice read i see people riding on horseback all the time and often wonder how is it seems like its a place of freedom relaxing and enjoyment away from the city life enjoying open spaced country lands. I would be to afraid to jump on and take off and ride away hahaha. As always keep writing fellow writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love Well Spent

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
kelvin

11 Years Ago

You're welcome

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

855 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013
Tags: horses, animals, happiness, poetry, poem, personal, love

Author

Love Well Spent
Love Well Spent

Asheville, NC



About
Small town girl, endless dreamer, devoted friend, beloved daughter, and a baby sister of two. Just turned 22! My passion is writing and I love sharing it with the world. Thanks for checking .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..