Stick And Stones

Stick And Stones

A Story by JaceJordd
"

a story, end of description.

"

"Sticks and stones may break her bones but names could make her starve herself to death."

 

Let me rephrase that.

 

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names could make me starve myself to death."

 

Yes, at one point we have all been made fun of, but to some people it's alot more than just teasing. Some people take it seriously. Let's go back to the first day of kindergarten shall we?

 

It was one of the best days of our lives. We started school as little kids soon to grow up and start our lives. That first day we all were scared, maybe not ALL of us, but some of us. I was scared. Scared of not making any friends, scared of being ignored, and scared of being hurt. That day was one of the most exciting and scariest days of my life. After moving to this new town just the year before, leaving all your friends at a young age of 4 and only having the memories of them. That first day I went to school. I sat in a corner and saw more kids showing up. I knew this was going to happen, girls and boys of my age in my class. As the year went on I met more kids that I shared common interests with. This made the year easier.

 

In first grade the same thing happened that first day. I was scared of making new friends, and scared of everything else. That year changed. I had more friends, I was a happy little girl and I knew that everything in my life was alright.

 

Then in Second grade everything changed. I never knew one girl could make me feel so bad about myself. I wasn't always the way I am now. I always had alittle extra weight on me. I didn't mind until that year. One girl changed the way I looked at myself and made me feel self-concious. Whatever self- esteem I had was gone, like it never existed. That year one girl made almost everyone gang up on me. Leaving rude notes in/ on my desk, throwing notes/paper balls at me, laughing at me, putting sticky notes on my back, everything you could possibly think that a second grader could do.

 

Third grade wasn't any better. The same things still happened and I had gotten into a fight with my best friend and she & everyone else ganged up on me and made fun of me. My life was hell. I dreaded school.

 

In Fourth grade it got easier. I liked my teachers, I had all my friends in my class, and i enjoyed the year. During the English part of class I would express myself through my writing. I would try to make it better everytime, and I enjoyed writing. That was one of my best years.

 

Fifth grade, everything started to go from great to worse. That year I got my first cell phone. Pretty soon people I didn't even know had my number and were sending me insulting, threatening text messages, but I had all my best friends in my class. They helped me stay happy throughout the whole year. I love them all the most.

 

In Sixth grade I started to have the most confidence. I wore clothes that were just like everyone elses. I didn't care what people thought or what I looked like. Just as long as I was happy. I didn't give a f**k. That year I went through ups and downs, good and bad times.

 

Seventh grade= F*****G LIVING HELL

Remember how I talked about that one girl that was in my second grade class? Yeah? Well try having to see her EVERY MORNING! Although I didn't have any classes with her, she was in ym homeroom. Every morning I would walk in and I would have to hear a comment come out of her mouth. It soon started to have our whole team hate me, except for my friends. I was expecting it. I had always been overweight and I wasn't the prettiest in the bunch. I had always had problems accepting myself. I always wanted to hide or change myself.

During this year I had rumors spread about me, I was made fun of and talked about constantly, and I never wanted to go to school. When I started getting texts, messages on facebook, and other websites saying rude and insulting things I had started to feel depressed. I wouldn't leave my room. I only came out to go to the bathroom and that was it. During 6th grade I never wore a sweatshirt unless I was cold. During 7th grade I wore a sweatshirt everyday unless I wore a extra baggy long sleeve or short sleeve shirt. In 7th grade I spent alot of time crying that year. I would go to school and hear people saying stuff about me so much that I would sit in the bathroom and cry. Other times I would come home from school crying.

 

This year I started doing bad things. I was embarrassed to eat at lunch so I became anorexic and felt that I wasn't good enough. Everytime I ate I felt fat and thought that it would make it harder to lose weight. This year I also had tried to commit suicide. I hated my life so much I wanted the taunting and ridicule to end. I tried and I did not succeed, sometimes I wish I had though. Sometime I jsut want my life to end.

 

Well this year I am going into 8th grade. I have a new way of living now. It's called,"New Year, New Me, New Life." This year I am just not going to talk to anyone at school and I'm not going to care what people say. I'm just going to keep to myself because that will get me farther.

 

                                       

© 2010 JaceJordd


Author's Note

JaceJordd
I needed a way to express myself and let out what has been happening.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Who do I need to punch?! NO ONE BEATS ON MY MAYO PAL!!! o.O

This is incredibly powerful and true. I've dealt with people who choose to call names and make fun of every little thing I do, and that's when it's time to stop caring and walk away. Don't listen to what they say, because if you think about it, you have so many friends that love you for who you are and not what you look like. Physical appearance means nothing in life. What matters is making friends who like you for you. My advice would be to stop worrying about what the haters say, because they only try to tear you down to make themselves feel better about themselves. It's a shallow thing that people do.

Like I said, I've dealt with something very similar, but we were friends. I tried denying it at first, but after so much of it, I just broke it off. It was best for me. No one needs to hear constant name calling or be the butt of the jokes all the time.

I know it's going to be hard, but you need to block it all out. Let me know if you need anyone to talk to, I'm always here. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I had a look back into my skul days too... Nd i felt like hitting that bloody girl... Good work..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's a sad and dreadful part of life. That must really suck but, you stuck it out. Life will have the bad years then in the future will have the best year ever!!! This chick you talked about needs to just shut the f**k up and stood up to. Being in junior high school wasn't the best years of my life but, I did have friends that stuck it out with me.

I really was about to kill myself the other night because my boyfriend was getting messed with and I hated being the one they made fun of instead. There is this girl at my school who thinks she can talk s**t about me but, I was fed up with it and over it. No one deserves to be treated like this.

I will stand up for you if I was at your school. People are just going with the flow because they don't want to be messed with like you are. The people that listen to her are stupid and don't have a life. You are great the way you are and you have nothing to ever have the right to kill yourself. Mind over Matter.

You are sweet, kind, and sensitive. "Popular" people only want to have friends so they can gang up on people they don't like. They are stupid people for making fun of you and they also make me sick. You are the one that makes who you are and God created you for a reason. Don't commit suicide. You are only hurting yourself.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah I agree everyone else who commented. People are jerks. I hate the girls who think they're better than everyone else. AND I WILL HELP SHAYNA BEAT UP THE PERSON WHO SAID THIS STUFF!!! And if you ever need to talk I'm here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hate people. especially the "popular" girls at school. its like they think theyre better than everyone but theyre not... i hate how when you walk into school you're judged on your appearance. i was at the mall with my cousins the other day and my cousin had to get plain blue shirts for her uniform. she was like "ughh i hate my uniform" and I'm like "well at least you're not judged on how you look by everyone else" and she just looked at me like i was crazy and I'm like "ya.. thats how it is. how you look practically determines your friends and stuff" and she was like "wow thats sad" and it is..... people are just so mean but as long as you know that because you wont stoop to their level and say mean things back, then you're really the better person. i hope 8th grade is better :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was possibly the saddest thing I've ever read. No one needs to be treated like that. People who do stuff like that are just messed up and obviously make fun of you because you are better then them. Everyone makes enemies but all you need in life is 1 friend who loves you for who you are. I know how it feels on a level because I've had to deal with people like that too. They.can.be.dicks. Being skinny isn't anything. I'm not skinny at all but I don't care. Sure I'd love to be skinnier but I'm not changing for other people. Screw them. Just stay strong, find the friends you can trust and don't listen to other people.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Who do I need to punch?! NO ONE BEATS ON MY MAYO PAL!!! o.O

This is incredibly powerful and true. I've dealt with people who choose to call names and make fun of every little thing I do, and that's when it's time to stop caring and walk away. Don't listen to what they say, because if you think about it, you have so many friends that love you for who you are and not what you look like. Physical appearance means nothing in life. What matters is making friends who like you for you. My advice would be to stop worrying about what the haters say, because they only try to tear you down to make themselves feel better about themselves. It's a shallow thing that people do.

Like I said, I've dealt with something very similar, but we were friends. I tried denying it at first, but after so much of it, I just broke it off. It was best for me. No one needs to hear constant name calling or be the butt of the jokes all the time.

I know it's going to be hard, but you need to block it all out. Let me know if you need anyone to talk to, I'm always here. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a dreadful tale you tell. The most horrific fact is that people can actually be so awful. It is one thing if your tale had been fictitious. For this to be reality, depletes my faith in humanity. If this girl needs to better herself by belittling others than she's not worth your time. Junior High is torture for the kindest of souls. With sincerest hope for the future, Alex Thomas.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

keeping to yourself will make your head explode, especially if u r a writer, let ur words out, you will make enemies, thats ok, for every enemy you make you will make two allies


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

701 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 30, 2010
Last Updated on August 1, 2010

Author

JaceJordd
JaceJordd

North Attleboro, MA



About
If you could read what goes through my mind, you wouldn't treat me the same* Jace; 18; Bruins; Cheer; Family more..

Writing
Dear Mom Dear Mom

A Story by JaceJordd


I'm Scared I'm Scared

A Story by JaceJordd



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..