People who are rude to homeless people...

People who are rude to homeless people...

A Chapter by Lowesy

 

 Hey, so, next up is those who are treat homeless people like s**t. Let me tell you a story, when I was 18 (I think), I was out and about in Cardiff, drinking (obviously, it’s my second favourite hobby), I had finished up for the night and attempted to buy some cheesy chips (hmm....) on Chippy Lane when I found I was out of cash. I stumbled over to the cash machine when a homeless person sitting next to it chirped up.

 “Its broken mate, try that one over there.” He was dirty and a little smelly but had a smile on his face.

 “Thanks,” I said, using the wall for support as I made my over to the next hole.

 “No problem,” and he started whistling.

 So, seeing as he was so nice to me, I went into the fish and chips shop and bought 2 large cheesy chips, smothered it in tomato ketchup and sat down next to the homeless man in the street, then, we went to town on those bad boys.

 The man’s name was Robert (Bob as I referred to him), his wife left him, then his house burned down and so he was left homeless and without a family. From that moment on, every day or night I was in Cardiff, I always stopped by to say ‘hello’ and chow down on some chips.

 Until about 2 months ago, Bob wasn’t there, I asked a couple of others what the deal was and they said he just disappeared.

 The point I’m making is, they’re human beings too, some are entertaining and play music, some just need food and are too weak to only ask for money. Time and conversation is priceless in my opinion.

 I never heard from Bob or found out where he went (Though I still always make a detour through Chippy Lane, ya know, just in case).

 Again, not funny, just a ramble.

 Thanks, comments are obviously welcome.



© 2012 Lowesy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this!
You make a good point here, and I entirely agree. Often times we forget that people different from ourselves are just as human as we are, or we become so focused on ourselves that we forget about others. It's an interesting experience to level with someone else, and you frequently find yourself discovering so much more than you would have expected.

You seem like you're always trying new and funny things, it's awesome. And I know I've told you this before, and you didn't agree (you said you were unique and legend, etc.), but you remind me so much of Shawn Spencer.
Heh... sorry, can't help it.

Anyway, ramble on, my friend!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a nice story and well written. But I kinda failed to make the connection here: where is the person treating bad to homeless people?

Nice job though!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was excellently told, thank you for sharing this.
It has a certain poignant quality to it.
I've never sat down and talked to a homeless guy before--this story actually made me regret this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have a kind open-heart... In these days and times, life gets so busy that people don't stop to take the time to really get to know about the people in need. I am one of those who are constantly on the go, and pass the homeless on the highway. I often wonder where they've been and how they got to that point in their lives... I need to stop and give time to help those in need. Thanks for sharing your story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow, i know what you mean. at mom's bar, we have so many homeless, as i told you before when i was asking for advice about Austin. anyway, there is this one man, not sure what his name is... hmmm... i forget, but anyway, he is always so polite, seriously a genious, like, i mean a SERIOUS GENIOUS. he's freakin' smart!!!! i have no idea how he bacame a homeless man, but mom gives him recycleables, he does not really accept cash, AJ has offered a few times. he has the most amazing voice, not as in singing or anything, just talking. haha, not sure where i am going with this... maybe i am saying i understand what your point is and can relate absolutely.

sorry that your buddy has dissappeared, mate, things'll turn out all right.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

561 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2012
Last Updated on April 10, 2012
Tags: Mark, Lowesy, Rant, Homeless, People, Chips


Author

Lowesy
Lowesy

United Kingdom



About
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFailedMusicians?feature=mhee www.twitter.com/authorlowes I'm back with avengance! Read, Review.....something else that begins with 'R' RR's are on for now but .. more..

Writing
The End The End

A Poem by Lowesy


Jack Jack

A Poem by Lowesy


She She

A Poem by Lowesy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Falling Petals Falling Petals

A Poem by Skoo.