Paper Lanterns

Paper Lanterns

A Story by Luchia Noname
"

short story about Lanterns

"
I stand on my balcony, staring out into the open sky.
Thousands, of paper lanterns come out from behind the trees.
Floating into the sky, no stars in sight just lights.
There glows from Green, purple, pink, blue and many more
Wishing, I could see this glorious sight with another.
Instead, I made my wish for the one I will someday meet;
maybe, just maybe these lanterns will be my sign.
to show this person I'm here waiting. 
I grabbed my lantern and light, I had made it to be different than anyone's.
It shown with the colors of Green, Pink, and purple.
Anyone who is looking for love, a companion, friend, family, lost one, help or Spouse.
sends out a curtain color Lantern:
Pink- Love
Purple- Friend
Blue- Lost One
Green- Companion
White- Spouse
Orange- Family
Red- Help
The sky lite up with the color of Pink and White, so many people were looking for love and a partner, then came the Purple and Orange.
so many who wanted to say what they wanted, but can't or never get the chance, no one mixed there colors like I.
My Green (Companion), Pink (love), and Purple (friend).
shining for the world to see, I had began to hear the sound of running, coming from inside my trees.
Then out ran a boy, about my age, he was out of breath.
I was still sitting on my balcony looking down on him.
he eventually caught his breath and looking up to me with a smile on his face,
His lips moved and out came the words "I found you".
He pointed up to where I had let my lantern off to and next to it was another they had bumped together and were floating off side by side.
Laughing I jumped from where I had been sitting, into my lawn.
I walked up to him saying "I waited so long and here you are, you saw my Lantern and came to get me." I could'nt stop my tears from coming out.
He came up, and pulled me into his arms, nothing said but knowing what wanted to be said and heard.
we eventually let each other go, but he took my hand and said "this is the beginning of something amazing you had better be ready for it" .
Picking me up into his arms, he carried me into my house and smiles were exchanged, behind what had started with a Lantern colored in Green, Purple and pink.
and endded, in a new start, with my love...  
 

© 2011 Luchia Noname


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw, this is very sweet. And creative. I have haven't read anything like this in a long while.
Please make more.
I would love for something like this again. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful. You are very, very talented. I love paper lanterns, but I didn't know their colors had a certain meaning.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
This is very, very well written. You have such good description! I love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

438 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 5, 2011
Tags: lanterns, glow

Author

Luchia Noname
Luchia Noname

WV



About
I love Anime and Manga, it is pretty much my life, i read and watch a lot of them, some of my fav animes r- bleach, naruto, carcaptor, black cat, shugo Chara, mermaid melody, soul eater, kaidan rest.. more..

Writing