Loneliness Proved Sharper Than The Diamond

Loneliness Proved Sharper Than The Diamond

A Poem by Lucia

Her screams were so beautiful that even her wails of agony hung with melodic harmony.

Her skin so radiant it blinded those around her from the intensity at which it burned.

Her grace so profound that as she stumbled to her doom men knew her only to be dancing, the glistening shackles she bore merely twinkling ornaments of her adorn.

And as she watched herself plummet into oblivion, eviscerating her vocal chords, illuminated by her scorching flesh and animate with guttural flailing- men would go on to remember having watched her fly, flying all along.

Signing brightly as she flew.

© 2018 Lucia


Author's Note

Lucia
Not completely sure this doesn't come off as pretentious?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hmm, interesting tale an introvert could tell. I'm one myself and yet the last line resonates with me somewhat. I think your shining brightly and flying already because your alive with a powerful spirit. Also, I don't think this is pretentious because you write at your best when you release it the way you want to. Its true that loneliness is sharp, but perhaps the diamond will attract hands of steel to cultivate that diamond even more. lol take care and keep writing. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 8, 2018
Last Updated on January 8, 2018
Tags: diamond, lonliness, death, poem

Author

Lucia
Lucia

Fort Washington, PA



About
I'm trying to turn my insatiable self loathing into something fruitful. more..

Writing
Love Poem Love Poem

A Poem by Lucia


The They The They

A Story by Lucia