Gaze

Gaze

A Poem by Lucia
"

Inspired by Nietzsche's quote "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

"

I have long lingered within the realm of the abyss, enamored always by my emptiness- the void reflected and my eyes made endless, my travels therein became a skill perfected.

For only by the weight of my wandering will and only with the gravity of its loss did I find myself encumbered at last by the shadows of purpose and the promise of cause-

I would capture the chasm consuming my soul, I would wring the void dry and by the ink of my toil forge beauty from sadness with ensnaring verse- my pain but a path now made to traverse.

Illuminating my sorrows so that I may know warmth, using words to soar so that I may know worth- constantly robbing my wings for the quills with which my monuments to madness were built.

© 2018 Lucia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very positive, very human, very open and pure.
I read and re read it.
The inner self can come only when words can let let it out for others see whats been hiding inside.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Nice! There's no end to the depth of your personal expression. My favorite line of this is the shadows of purpose and the promise of cause because its sums up the goal of our gaze to begin with. Whatever we may do in life requires a gaze both physically and mentally. Your poem is like a call to looking inside oneself's for a great resolve. Yet, the journey to find it is never-ending, frustrating, daunting and evokes a variety of more emotions from our soul. You cause me to get philosophical the more I read your work and that's wonderful. Keep writing and transforming! :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


my jaw drops again...oh...my...goodness. Literally gave me goosebumps!! This is phenomenal writing! I don't even know where to begin, except to say you are on a whole different playing field than the rest of us mere mortals! I would say that this piece is an EXPERT piece!! This should absolutely be published. I am amazed at your perfection and attention to detail in this! It rhymes and sways with an incredibly OCD attention to wordplay and phrasing and timing but without being trite or cheesy or contrived. I've never thought I could love rhyming so much as I do in this piece!

I love your tribute and take on Nietzsche's thought-provoking existentialism.. It made me think of my favorite quote from him being, "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star." I felt such comfort in that because my pain and passion has made a mess of me at times, and it gave me hope that I could make something beautiful and bright out of the chaos of my past. Your piece is more about introspection and reflection of oneself and the "chasm" of soul within... It is deep, thought-provoking, highly intelligent and perfectionistically artful writing. This is what the ancients kept the human race going for... the birth of creation within us and the amazing beauties within us, the art and expression that can come forth.

Wow... I am just taken aback at your writing. This is straight sick!! Phenomenal! One of my favorite pieces of writing in history!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

266 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 13, 2018
Last Updated on January 13, 2018
Tags: transformation, gaze, nietzsche, nihilism, madness, insanity, poem, poetry, chasm, soul, mirror, reflection, irony, eyes, endless, weight, monument, shadow, shadows, verse, pain, strife, meaning, void, abyss

Author

Lucia
Lucia

Fort Washington, PA



About
I'm trying to turn my insatiable self loathing into something fruitful. more..

Writing
Love Poem Love Poem

A Poem by Lucia


The They The They

A Story by Lucia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..