Ask all you want.

Ask all you want.

A Poem by V. Lucien Maier
"

Tried of requests for the text of my work. this is a rant as to why

"

ask all you want.

I don't write in text, I don't write on paper.
I wont hurt trees for me, so there will be no books from me.
Why are you words worth a tree, even one?
You won't see the words, because this is how I present my work.
It comes in audio, and if that is not good enough for you move on.

Don't tell me how you need the words to review. because my answer would be then just listen and enjoy that is more important to me.
I love feedback but I wont be changing my pieces, I will however look at your advice in my future pieces.

Reviews are great to improve your work in the future,
but the body of work from an author starts from the begining and ends at death.

But most of all stop asking for the text, because its not going to happen.
Oh and I am completely aware that I will never get a book contract.
and that is exactly what I want.
I have dealt with publishing companies on many levels, for my own books and many others,
and let me say this, the publishing industry is a horrible monster that kills creativity for the sake of Money.

This is my opinion, but if you are willing to give up your creativity for money you are not an author you are a business person.
I am not saying mine is the best way, but the traditional method is a horrible way.
at least mine is my work, my thoughts, my way...
can you say the same?

© 2009 V. Lucien Maier


Author's Note

V. Lucien Maier
let the flaming begin :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Two things come to mind as I read this (well, perhaps more than two - but I will be looking at two).

The first is in regards to reviews. You have the writer. You have the reader. It is not a collaboration. Your insights and thoughts "might" be taken into consideration in regards to future pieces. Your opinions are your opinions. The work still belongs to the creator of the work. There is a saying that roughly goes along the lines of those that cannot - teach. Or something like that...

The second is in regards to publishing. I had a discussion once with a friend in regards to selling works. They had said the money would help. During that discussion, they brought up the fact that I was vaguely suggesting they had been whoring themselves by whoring their words. Though most people have a day job, we do not really consider it whoring ourselves - even though to an extent, we are. Yet when it comes to the publishing industry, there is that dirty and shameful feeling - that lends itself better to the idea of whoring.

A little bit of a ramble by me, perhaps, but still - in the end, we each see what we see in how we want to see it, or hear it, feel it - experience it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Expression is the art of doing what makes you feel fulfilled and worthwhile...I like that you touched on the fact that "different" doesn't necessarily mean "wrong". Unfortunately, when it comes to publishing, it's a world of pirhana's just looking for a reason to say "no" to something...still, if you hold true to your art you'll be better for it in the end.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hey! I really respect your passion for this art. ;-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Completely agree with you. I haven't been on here lately because I was ill. I still want to do a WOF... soon, audio is awesome... I will get in touch with you in about one week.... debileah

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

don't you dare f****n start typing I'll kick anyons a*s who says diff

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wait so you say dont pay for your work to be seen or heard, then in another you want people to pay for their work to be seen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You are entitled to your voice
I respect that

I wasn't really sure if this was a poem
or if it was just you letting us know
how you feel

Either way it was well expressed

Oh and I know I said I was going to review
and even promised you the next day that I was going to read it
but I use the libraries computer so I apologize

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We all have our own way. It is important to walk the path that makes us feel most at ease.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When my job involved a lot of driving, I listened to a lot of adio books and I appreciated them very much.
I purchased and listened to a couple of your works, and they are excellent, but as I get older, and no longer drive, I find I simply don't have the patience to sit and listen to an audio book. For some reason, an audio book just can't hold my interest like a print book.
I admire your stance and the way you maintain your position.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I read it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.

I really like how everything flowed and how you talk about the publishing companies because nobody really knows much about them until its too late...

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1238 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2009
Last Updated on August 22, 2009

Author

V. Lucien Maier
V. Lucien Maier

Tooele, UT



About
V. Lucien Maier was born in 1973, in Amersfoort, in the Netherlands. His father a civil engineer had a love of travel, and both parents loved skiing. When the opportunity arose to move to .. more..

Writing
WooF WooF

A Story by V. Lucien Maier



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..