Top 7 Free and Most Demanded Mobile Apps in 2017

Top 7 Free and Most Demanded Mobile Apps in 2017

A Story by Lucy Benton
"

Let's take a quick look at the seven most demanded mobile applications in 2017. The following applications have over 100 million downloads in 2016, and their numbers will hardly stop to grow!

"

No matter what counter argument you bring to the table, there’s no way to contradict the fact that mobile apps are the most used form of digital tools. Desktop applications and software are also popular, but these could never compete with the mobile market industry.


Mobile applications became popular along with the development of the smart phones and devices. Android and iOS are two giant operating systems that currently compete with each other.


Because the configurations are different, there are now two mobile app marketplaces. Mobile apps developers can integrate their products into both operating systems. Take Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, or Snapchat as an example. These are huge digital apps that have gained huge traction and popularity among mobile app users.


Without further ado, let's take a quick look at the seven most demanded mobile applications in 2017. The following applications have over 100 million downloads in 2016, and their numbers will hardly stop to grow:


Facebook + Facebook Messenger (Android & iOS)


Facebook continues to remain the biggest social media network around, and its mobile applications are the primary way in which people are using the platform. Facebook has two main applications: Facebook and Messenger.


An impressive statistic shows that Facebook’s everyday’s mobile use hits 1.15 billion active users. If you look at other apps, you’ll never witness these numbers.


Facebook is so popular because it took the communication ways to a different level. Nowadays, everyone’s using Messenger in order to instantly communicate. Moreover, Facebook still remains the most relevant network if you want to develop your social image.


Snapchat (Android & iOS)


Here’s the biggest surprise of 2016. Snapchat has become extremely popular in the last several years, and its “unique proposition” looks like this: A social network that is more private than the rest. How did they do it?


Well, the auto-delete feature made it possible. If you never used Snapchat before, here’s how it works: you have a list of friends which represent your social circle. You can take pictures, videos, or voice recordings, and send them to your social circle. After they click your content, it takes a few seconds until the content can never be seen again.


By the way " according to a February 2017 study, Snapchat has reached the number of 301 million monthly active users and an average of 2.5 billion “snaps” are sent each and every day.

TED App (Android & iOS)


You must have heard of TED talks. They’re all over social media and YouTube, as big celebrities and successful people have given educational speeches regarding different fields of activity and topics.


Along with the popularity which came from social media channels, TED has launched the mobile app, which can be accessed by all operating systems.


Accordig to E. H. Gordon, the HR manager at BestEssayTips, there’s also a bigger tendency towards self-education in 2017. Many individuals choose to skip college and university. They believe that self-education can bring more benefits, and apps like TED can definitely contribute to their goals.

E-mail Applications (Android & iOS)


Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail…these are all popular applications because they are the primary way of reading, sending, and receiving e-mails. Because most professionals own a smart mobile, it’s much easier to access your e-mail platform using your own phone.


E-mail applications are popular and extremely demanded since the beginning of the entire digital mobile apps “boom”. They will continue to stay popular due to their benefits: instant notifications, flexibility, and ability to instantly use the e-mails platform. The only prerequisite is an internet connection.

Dropbox (Android & iOS)


Dropbox launched its services in 2007. Since then, the application’s popularity improved big time. According to their own statistics, Dropbox stated that there are over 1.2 billion files which are uploaded daily. Their service is really strong for today’s generation. Why?


The reason is simple: most of the organizational actions that we have to do, we’re doing it online. We store the information on our PCs or Mobile phones, and then we proceed with other things. If we can always place our files on a platform that can be accessed through more devices, we won time.

Shazam (Android & iOS)


In case you haven’t heard, Shazam is an application that ”listens” to a song, and immediately finds its artist’s name and the song’s name. After you download it, you’ll see a relatively big circle on your screen. After you touch it, everything’s automated.


Because most of the times we hear music without playing it ourselves, it gets frustrating not to be able to play it again. Shazam solved this issue, and they have become the biggest music recognizing application on the web.


Because the concept is strong, Snapchat has also implemented the same feature within their platform. Still, Shazam never stops growing, and 2017 still shows huge potential.

Amazon Kindle (Android & iOS)


If you want to read a book on your mobile phone, Amazon Kindle should be on top of your mind. Because Amazon is such a giant in the shopping industry, their Kindle platform has also managed to occupy the “biggest e-book platform” position in today’s mobile apps marketplace. They currently have over 30 million mobile monthly users.


In addition, e-books are also more in-demand than the traditional hardcover books. If we construct an equation which involves the frequent mobile use and the popularity of e-books, we could conclude that Amazon app stays on top of the ladder.


Conclusion


This list should give you some insights on the importance that people give to the current marketplace apps. If you’re looking to start your own app, you might want to see where the trends are moving first. If you’re just looking to improve your smartphone usability, quickly open your Store and download all of these apps for free, right now! 

© 2017 Lucy Benton


Author's Note

Lucy Benton
Lucy Benton is a specialist in digital marketing and content writing who currently works at Best Essay Tips and Admission service. She focuses mostly on the worlds of technology, gadgets, and the Internet. If you’re interested in working with Lucy, you can find her on FaceBook.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Netflix is one of the major streaming sites that is available on the internet with great stream content and with a lot of Netflix account login original shows. Be it Hollywood movie, TV show, and others. All you have to is to create an account in Netflix and pay small amount of money and start watching

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
1 Review
Added on April 5, 2017
Last Updated on April 6, 2017
Tags: Mobile apps, technology, computers

Author

Lucy Benton
Lucy Benton

Sydney, Australia



About
Lucy Benton is a specialist in digital marketing and content writing who currently works at Best Essay Tips and Admission service. She focuses mostly on the worlds of technology, gadgets, and the Inte.. more..