The Images Of Death

The Images Of Death

A Poem by luke312
"

The things i never wish to see again but can never forget

"

I have seen the dead the sick and the lifeless

 

I have seen children cry out for their fathers that lay by the street side seemingly lifeless filled with holes that leaked a way their hopes, their ambition, their reason. I watched them hoping they would wake up, hoping that they would open their eyes and say "it's OK".

 

I have seen mothers cry for their child. I watched them shake the body as if hoping to shake it back to life.

 

I watched the life drain in their lap in their hands hoping thinking to save their child. I saw the last signs of life fade away.

I saw her lips turn pale blue eyes blank without thought I knew she was gone and then I saw the pain of a mother losing her child, her little one, her most precious gift.

 

 

I watched as a family prepared to say good bye to their father their husband, their friend.

 

I watched as he lived fighting to never give in to the pain.

 

I watched him as he acted strong for the sake of his family, his friends, his pride and yet I saw the fear of death lingering in his eyes. I watched as his family ignored his moments of selfishness knowing that these are his last moments I watch them hoping the day would never come when they would have to say “good bye”.

 

I watch and I continue to watch him slowly fade away.

 

© 2011 luke312


Author's Note

luke312
Their is no Greater Pain Than Losing Someone Close to You

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Death is a honest teacher. How many times have we wished to have been kinder and more generous with time when it is too late? I went to funeral of children. I held their parent who lost their everything. There are no words to soften the pain. Your poem is a never ending story. I believe best always leave with love. Nothing good to say. Say nothing. Best to leave as friends. We never know when the road is done for us. A powerful poem. You made me think.
Coyote


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

amen, amen, amen. I agree with this, there is no greater pain then the end of life. that is the only thing us humans can't adapt to or except. good write. keep it coming luke.

Posted 14 Years Ago


this is sad and has truth in it


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Woa...luke...that was touching...I can't say I can relate...but I can say that I'll always be ur emotional support. I truly admire this piece..its only sad that i admire your grief-filled writing.

Great expression....Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is so sad, it really touched me deeply.
You have the talent of writing with emotions so true and powerful that it makes the poem live, no matter how simple the actual poem itself is.
Great job

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Whoa, it seems like death is the looming axe moving back and forth through our lives like a pendulum and are the sands. Heart-felt poem dude. Definitely.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

There would be no life without death. I have many images of my own scratched into this brain. It is just something.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

535 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2008
Last Updated on February 1, 2011
Tags: death, life, truth, images, sick, love, lose, loss

Author

luke312
luke312

Kingston, Jamaica



About
I Have Dreams And Ideals. I Have a Future And a Past. I'm Strong and Tall. Logical Yet Optimistic. I Love and I Hate, I am Who I am. more..

Writing
A Thought A Thought

A Poem by luke312



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..