Something About Habits

Something About Habits

A Story by Luke L

Much respect to those who can break repetitive patterns. Who can start new, better ones in some direction.

So much of modern life is based on momentum. So much is set in stone about the exact way you do things. The exact way you move on a path in a certain role. Whether a lawyer, a fighter or a bottle collector. You get on a track and rarely change. Whether a father, a teacher a student. The path stays the same for most.

Habits are easy enough to maintain once they're built. Hard to build new ones. Through experience the idea of once you do something daily for a month, it becomes a habit and it will continue... Seems to sometimes apply, but I don't think it's really relevant. Some habits are just more difficult to build and maintain. Although even the difficult or painful or scary... the human eventually adapts to it through enough consistent repetition. It's funny to me to hear people say "I don't know how you can do that." They don't realize they've developed difficult habits themselves. Whether through necessity or just being bored. Eventually you're going to develop some kind of impressive habits. 

Not necessarily useful. 
But impressive.

Humans are unbelievably elastic. It's hard to see, because so much seems stone. You can change that habit. It's on you. Look at it as a grind, look at it as a fun challenge, look at it as something that is just a regular part of life. Or just stay the same, but don't whine like a little b***h to others (or even internally) about it. There's nothing to that. They can't help you, even if they wanted to. It's you.

© 2015 Luke L


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What you give attention to grows … so choose those habits wisely and whining shouldn't be one of them. Thoughtful write. Luke.

Posted 8 Years Ago


There is little value in whining. Habits form with time and with time you can break them.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2015
Last Updated on April 9, 2015
Tags: habit, self-help, repetition, reality

Author

Luke L
Luke L

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada



About
I love music. I love writing erotic stories and poems. Follow me on Twitter: @LukeLesterMusic Here is my blog: http://luketalkstuff.blogspot.ca/ I write random things on there and link .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Child Child

A Poem by Luke L


~ Illusions? ~ Illusions?

A Poem by


Toolbox Toolbox

A Poem by Luke L