Shattered

Shattered

A Chapter by Luna

The night my sister died, it was raining.

"Feefee? The spirits won't get me, right?" Katiani, also known as Katie or Kit asked.

"Of course not Kit." I scoffed, looking up from the story I was reading to her, "Spirits don't exist."

"But what if they do Feefee?" She asked, clutching her blanket around her.

"They don't. Now time for bed." I assured her, tucking her in.

"Feefee? Will you stay and sleep with me tonight?" Kit asked.

I rolled my eyes, "You're nine years old Kit, grow up." I turned to leave, just then I heard the thunder rumble.

"Feefee?" she whined.

"What?" I asked, exasperated.

"Will you leave the hall light on?"

I rolled my eyes and shut her light off. Shutting the door behind me, I turned off the hall light too.

I went downstairs and watched some tv. Psychic Kids, my current favourite show. I knew I had some psychic powers. For one thing, I could see auras, although not all the time, and another, sometimes I just got these... feelings.

Suddenly the thunder rumbled loud, and the lightning flashed right outside the window. Then everything went dark. The lights, the tv, everything. And then the screaming began. Kit was a wimp, she was scared of EVERYTHING, but nothing scared her more than thunderstorms.

I stumbled my way blindly through the dark, wacking my head off of one of the lower doorways. Our house was old, very old. It was made in the sixteen or seventeen hundreds, and I loved it. Dad was renovating it, making the archways taller so I wouldn't constantly wack my head off of them, but there were still quite a few I had to duck down for.

Our house had some history. It had been quite a few things in it's past. A work house, a funeral home, a museum, and a hotel. There have been rumors of ghosts here, but like I told Kit, ghosts and spirits just don't exist. A bunch of hogwash, that's all. There was a fire around nineteen seventy eight, and again in two thousand one, so the top part is pretty new, which means no bonking into doors.

I wacked my head again, ducking into the pantry to find the flashlights when Kit's screaming kicked up a notch. Suddenly I felt really, really cold, and an icy knot settled into my stomach. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

"Feefee! FEEFEE! HELP!" Kit screamed. She screamed. like that for a half a minute or so, and then everything went utterly silent, and the lights came back on.

And then I got the worst feeling. I could feel my blood run cold. The hair on the back of my neck stood on end, I was covered in goosebumps, and I felt really lightheaded. Not only that, but my breath was coming out in short gasps, and I could see my breath, despite it being the middle of summer.

You know when everything just seems... too quiet? And you just KNOW that something is wrong, although there's no evidence that it is? Yeah, it was one of those feelings.

"Kit?" I yelled. I bolted out of the pantry, just barely ducking under the doorway in time. I didn't have time to be stopped. "KIT?" I was screaming her name now as I raced up the stairs. I ripped the door open, slamming it into the wall.

She wasn't there. She wasn't anywhere. Her window doesn't open, mom and dad made sure of that. She. Wasn't. There.

"Kit?" I whispered. "Kit, don't play games. Come out this instant."

And then something caught my eye. Something in her mirror. I turned around to look at it, and saw her name written in blood. Katiani Rivera Stryder. It's written in her blood. I'm sure of it.

I reached out with a shaking hand to touch it. There was a look of pure horror on my face. My naturally pale skin is as white as a- no I refuse to even think the word, my green eyes were wide with fear, and my fiery, untamable hair was all a mess. And then something inside the mirror shifts, and I wasn't looking at myself anymore.

I was looking at Kit. Her long, beautiful chocolate brown hair was all messy, her grey eyes were wide in fear, like mine were, and she was screaming, calling out to me. I could hear her in my head, calling out my name, but I was frozen in terror, unable to answer her. Unable to help her as a foggy mist swirled around her, tugging at her. It ripped some of her clothing, and cut her, drawing blood. It sucked up the blood, and she screamed more. Then I was only looking at myself again, and I felt colder than I had ever felt in my life.

My god. Spirits ARE real, and they had my sister.



© 2011 Luna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was pretty good. I like fantasy stuff and Its a good starting with her sister going missing. Just a few grammatical errors (this isan't my strong point.) just a couple of run on sentence. Some of the sentences feel a bit choppy but that might tense issues. Other than that i really enjoyed reading it

Posted 12 Years Ago


In reply to Lucy: Yes, I know I have tense problems on it xD I meant to fix it, but I forgot lol

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like this! I would just suggest one minor edit. Since the tenses are a bit mixed up, I would change them to all be the same, so it's not so choppy. Besides that, I love it. Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2011
Last Updated on April 17, 2011


Author

Luna
Luna

Ontario, Canada



About
I'm a fourteen year old Canadian girl who loves supernatural, paranormal stories. I also love fantasy. Evanescence, Epica and Paramore are three of my favourite bands, and I also love Emilie Autumn. T.. more..

Writing
Someday Someday

A Poem by Luna


Everyday Everyday

A Poem by Luna