Phantom

Phantom

A Chapter by LunarDragon

Chapter Two: Phantom


I glared at Natsu. Most of the Fairy Tail guild members were rushing out to us.

“Let go of me.” I told Natsu. He held fast. I grabbed his wrist and twisted it, making him release his grip or me break his hand. By that time, Grey had got in front of me and punched Natsu.

“What’s your problem, fire freak!” Grey shouted at him. I pushed Grey out of the way and knelt down, picking Natsu up by the collar. I held him to my face.

“Don’t ever touch me.” I said. And, I flung him back onto the ground and went back to the guild.


“Master. I choose this job.” The master looked skeptical.

“This is a Junior S-Class mission! You barely C-Class!” I tilted my head.

“So?”
“I won’t allow you to go on this mission alone.” I rolled my eyes.

“Whatever.” I said. I took the job from the master and started for the guild doors.

I read over the job info again. ‘Seventy Monsters, Five are huge, Proceed with Caution.’ I rolled my eyes. ‘Proceed with Caution’ was not possible. Whoever sent this was really not thinking about why someone would take this job. Walking down a road in Hargeon was really weird though. A lot of people looked scared when they saw me with the job in hand. I looked at the job again and I looked up at a tall two story building. It was eerie. I bit my lip and went up the steps and knocked.

“Hello, I’m here about that job you sent.” The door swung open. A tall man in a long leather coat appeared. He had a blond beard and a shiny head. He looked me up and down.

“Thank you for coming.” He didn’t sound pleased. He actually sounded rude. “I’ll let you do your job, and then pay you.” I bit my lip. He didn’t believe I could do it. Then the ground shook. I looked around and not far off, five looming figures stood over the town. I gasped.

“Huge!” I exclaimed. The man started laughing.

“Never seen anything that huge before?” I looked at the man.

“That’s half the size as the biggest thing I’ve seen.” The man jumped back in surprise.

“Half…” I started toward the monsters.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes!”

“Few minutes!?”


I sighed. Five more monsters to go. This was truthfully, the most boring job ever. The huge monsters were bigger than the monster on my previous job. One of them was going to squash me. I stuck up my arm and stopped the huge force before knocking it away. It toppled into two others and then I was faced with the other two.

“Jeez! You guys are huge!” I whistled. I caught them off guard and I quickly chanted:

“Prick thy enemies with thy thorns!” A thousand tiny swords appeared and stuck themselves into the two looming monsters. I sighed. The monsters’ roars were loud. They dropped onto the other three, piercing them as well. Soon, they all would die of poison. Just how stupid were they. I scratched my head and looked at Ryu. His look said it all. This was too easy.  I walked back into town with one hand on my hip. Ryu was padding proudly next to me. I walked up the same steps to the house of the man and knocked. The man opened the door.

“I’m done.” The man looked paler than any person I’d ever seen. He gingerly held out a bag. I took and smiled. “See you later!”


“Ello!” I said. I was then tackled by my new friend, Lee. Her silky blond hair was in my face. “Get off!” I shoved Lee to the side. She was laughing. I got up and brushed off my clothes.

“Oi!” I looked up. Natsu was smiling and waving. I waved back before noticing that Ryu was in Natsu’s arms. They were both making fire and letting the other one taste it. Oh, gosh. I walked up to them and picked Ryu up by the scruff.

“Ryu, what’s wrong with you?” I said. Ryu looked at me with his puppy dog eyes. I rolled my eyes. “That doesn’t work on me no more.” I grabbed one of Ryu’s paws and pinched it. “No more fire!” Ryu let out a little whine. I cradled him in my arms.

“What was that for?” Natsu asked.

“He can’t use that much fire without causing a chain reaction in his body that will detonate. In another word, explode.” Ryu let out a soft purr as I rubbed his belly. Natsu looked like he had been slapped.

“Will that happen to me?” I shook my head.

“Certain things happen to different types of animals and races. Humans have a really sucky one. But, I don’t know what it is. I hear some transforming thing.” I scratched my head. “Something like that.” I sat down at a table and pulled out a book. It was a really long book titled: ‘Rhymes and Poems’. I then saw Ryu pull something out of my bag. A dragon tooth.


One Week Later


I slammed my fist down on the table, and it flew up and crashed down onto the floor in pieces a little ways away.

“Arealia! Calm down!” Macao told me. We were in the basement of Fairy Tail.

“How can I?! Our guild is wrecked!” I shouted.

“Arealia!” This time it was the master. I turn abruptly around, Glaring. The master had just talked with Natsu and the others, so this was getting under his skin. I sat back down. Stupid, master!


“So you’re spending the night with me?” I asked Lee. She shrugged.

“Might as well.” I sighed. I dried my hair with a towel before pulling out some cards.

“Wanna play War, Magic Style?” I asked. Lee smiled.

“Of course!” We were in the middle of our game when we heard a scream. I tossed my cards and rushed to the window.

“What was that?” Lee asked coming up beside me. I searched the road outside my house. I stepped back.

“Whatever it was, it must have been quick to get away. I then heard another scream. Lee jumped back in surprise. “What?” Lee pointed to the window.

“Phantom.” She said. My eyes grew wide.

“Phantom? Phantom Lord?” Lee nodded.


I covered my mouth in horror. Levy, Jet, and Droy, hung from the central tree of Magnolia. They were beaten and Levy had the Phantom Lord guild mark painted on her stomach. My hands fell to my side, balled into fists. The master was angry, too. Phantom! I turned and headed to the station.


Natsu broke down the guild doors of Phantom Lord.

“Fairy Tail has come!” The Master yelled. And then the fight broke out. I knew I couldn’t expose my magic so I simply used shear strength to overpower phantom guild members. I managed to do it without getting a bruise or scratch. I stopped dead when a tremendous magical pressure surfaced. And then the master was falling. His skin was green and no magic was emanating from him.




© 2013 LunarDragon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on November 30, 2013
Last Updated on November 30, 2013


Author

LunarDragon
LunarDragon

IL



About
I like writing, drawing, and reading. I'm trying to write a novel and I love mechanics and engineering. Favorite Movies/TV: Knight and Day The A-Team Spirited Away My Neighbor Totoro Princes.. more..

Writing