Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by Lara
"

Anti-bullying, short story.

"
"Why?" The girl whispered to herself, her long smooth, dark hair cascading down her shoulders.Her lukewarm tears pooling onto the floor, falling like a waterfall from her cold, dead eyes.

"What did I do wrong?" She mumbled. As her back slides down the wall, once she hits the floor, she cowers, and brings her bruised knees up to bury her face in.

She shivered,she was silent. The only thing to be heard were little dripping noises, from her tears hitting the ground.

"Let go." A dark and manly voice spoke in a soothing tone, breaking the sweet silence. "Let go of reality, once you do that, you will be free. No more pain, no more sadness, and certainly...no more tears. Come with us, young one." He beckoned, with a sickeningly sweet, soothing tone.

The girl pondered, her tears had now stopped. She considered the interesting offer, maybe she could finally be happy? Maybe she could be free? Maybe she could escape her never ending sadness? Just...maybe.

The girl slowly nodded to herself before speaking in a quiet tone. "Please...." She stopped, and took a deep breath before finishing her sentence. "Save me...."

The mysterious man chuckled, knowing he had won. "Take my hand, let's go together." She nodded hesitantly before slowly pushing herself off the ground, she lifted her head and looked up, she saw the tall man, masked in darkness. All she could really see was his bright white, smiling eyes.

He stretched out his hand, patiently waiting for her. She stared at the hand for a while, confused and scared. But then closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh, she swiftly placed her hand in his and squeezed it tight, reassuring him she was ready.

The man nodded in response to the squeeze, He took a few steps forward, so did she. They walked together, hand in hand, step by step, slowly approaching a room.

The man soon came to an halt, once they had reached the entrance of the room. "It's time...are you ready?" He asked quietly.

The young girl let a few tears fall down her face, before wiping them away and nodding. "Yes...I've been ready for two years now." She replied, with a small smile.

"See you, on the other side." The man said, in almost a whisper. He soon faded away, leaving her alone, at the entrance of the room.

The girl scanned the room with her chocolate brown orbs, it was plain and was slightly lit up from a lamp in the corner, it also had a small carpet in the middle.

The girl, took a step forward without hesitance. "No going back..." She told herself, as she made her way to the middle of the room. She stepped into the middle of the carpet and stood still, waiting patiently, for she knew what was going to happen next.

She felt the ground shake beneath her, heard the rumbling noise of the floor break, as she clenched her eyes shut.

Soon she felt something grab her leg, she unclenched her eyes to see a hand, a dark hand which was stretching out from beneath the her. She felt another grab her arm, and one, by one new hands came out the dark, they took hold of her arms, legs, waist and head.

The girl shivered,the hands were now dragging her down into the darkness, where she would remain. There would be no more hope, no more light, no more cruel reality.

The girl looked up towards the ceiling, a few fresh tears fell from her swollen, red eyes. "Goodbye." She muttered. This was her last goodbye, for now, she would be consumed by the never ending darkness, the darkness inside.

She's gone...the girl you once knew, is no more. The ecstatic, loving, confident and kind girl. The girl who always helped you, the girl who stuck up for you, the girl who would be willing to save you. That girl, is dead. Her body, may be living, but she's dead inside. She doesn't smile, she doesn't talk, she doesn't even react. She's just an outer shell, of her old self.

Are you satisfied? Are you proud of what you've done? You killed her, you broke her. You've finally done it.

"How?" You ask? It started with the verbal attacks, it then slowly moved onto the physical attacks. Everyday she came to school, only to hear people call her names, tell her to kill herself, and attack her.

As thing went on, she developed depression and other mental issues, she tried her best to be strong and fight against it all, but...she couldn't win..she gave up. She let the darkness take over, the depression have its way with her. She let go of all feelings and left everything behind.

So I'll ask you again, are you finally satisfied?

© 2017 Lara


Author's Note

Lara
Authors Note - I don't really have anything to add to this, but I just wanted to say that bullying is a serious matter and that's why I wanted to write about how it could affect someone, bullying needs to be put to a stop. I hope you guys enjoy this short story. c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Deeply sorrowful and painful to read, but also very true. Suicide is merely an answer to a temporary issue but when you're in that situation, the name callings and other abuse makes everything seem eternal. Those bright, beautiful people in the world who succumb to bullying makes me wonder why anyone in their right minds would intentionally try to break other people... Humanity can be quite deplorable. You did a wonderful job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lara

6 Years Ago

I feel the same, thank you for the wonderful feedback. c:



Reviews

Deeply sorrowful and painful to read, but also very true. Suicide is merely an answer to a temporary issue but when you're in that situation, the name callings and other abuse makes everything seem eternal. Those bright, beautiful people in the world who succumb to bullying makes me wonder why anyone in their right minds would intentionally try to break other people... Humanity can be quite deplorable. You did a wonderful job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lara

6 Years Ago

I feel the same, thank you for the wonderful feedback. c:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 6, 2017
Last Updated on May 6, 2017
Tags: Anti-bullying, Depression, sad, shortstory, bullying, darkness, deadinside

Author

Lara
Lara

Scotland , United Kingdom



About
My name is Lara, I like to write stories and draw. I'm quite a creative person. more..

Writing
Fragile Fragile

A Book by Lara