ERIC

ERIC

A Story by Lustre
"

Someone can be indifferent towards others, however are they simply awkward? Or there's more to it?

"

Eric doesn’t know how to make friends.

 

Well, his mum told him so, thus he believed her.

 

For the past sixteen years, he seemed to be the sort of person to drift along the wave of social strata; not even caring at the slightest opinion people have of him.

 

So far, he didn’t mind as he would rather act on his own: do his homework, walk to school without anyone to wait, eat lunch by himself on the school’s rooftop, first to leave the school premises without the pain of waiting for someone, and also, the most important thing he pondered for awhile was that, no one would shatter the silence that he had treasured for such a long time.

 

However, Eric will not agree with you telling him that he’s a loner, or that he doesn’t know how to socialize.

 

No - he choose not to be.

 

And so, what his mum thought of him that he doesn’t know how to make friends could not be entirely true. Or, could it be?

 

Well, let’s dig further and try to unveil the mystery of his behavior.

 

Eric doesn’t like to work with people.

 

He despised people who cannot accept criticisms, especially in a group activity. And he could  still vividly remember the time when his classmate tried to correct another, but miserably got a spicy personal rebuttal, obviously refusing any negative words that might mar that person’s image however, twisting his words to cover up his own mistake. Thus, the very experience caused him to dislike group activities.

 

Also, trust among friends was a vital thing.

 

Eric believes that for true friendship to grow and strive, each one must have the decency to keep each others secrets.

 

But not everything succeeds as betrayal and jealousy arises, which eventually causes for that bond to break.

 

 

And there are a lot more to say but then again, we cannot really tell if Eric will remain indifferent and cold towards others.

 

 

 

© 2017 Lustre


Author's Note

Lustre
just tried writing this one for a character reference. Please let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good. I love it,it's great!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lustre

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the time you took to read this and I'm glad that you liked it. :)
You definitely have something going here, I can relate to Eric for sure!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lustre

7 Years Ago

Hi! Thank you so much for reading and glad to know that you can relate to this. :)
very interesting in my opinion. i can't wait to see where this character goes, and how he developes. Good luck!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lustre

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading! And I'll be sure to continue with this character's development. :)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
This brought me back a couple years to my mid teens, I felt a lot like. I can appreciate what you were trying to convey.
Stay separate from the world.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lustre

7 Years Ago

Geez... Thanks a lot for understanding! I hope I could make use of this one to create a character i.. read more
J camp

7 Years Ago

certainly a lot could relate.
Lustre

7 Years Ago

Thanks! This will prompt me to continue creating this seeming pessimistic character. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2017
Last Updated on January 31, 2017
Tags: Sociology, Psychology, Perception, Dislikes, Insights

Author

Lustre
Lustre

Philippines



About
I came here to see if I am worthy of being called a writer. :) more..

Writing
Why Why

A Poem by Lustre


Prologue Prologue

A Story by Lustre