Be free

Be free

A Poem by LylaCrystal

                         
Why do you think you are stupid
When you are excited about
A dream, an idea or a hope?
Why do you stay quiet 
When you want to say something?
Why do you strain yourself?
Why don't you fully enjoy your happiness?
Why do you hide your tears in sadness?
Who taught you to do so?
Who came before me and
Told you how to live?
Who did this to you?
Don't ever apologize for who you are.
Don't ever feel unintelligent.
Don't ever underestimate yourself.
You are uniquely you.
Be who you want to be, 
Not what others choose to see.
Be yourself. Be free.

© 2017 LylaCrystal


Author's Note

LylaCrystal
I have written this poem after I thought about the way I have looked at myself all this time. I have always disregarded myself, kept silence, hidden my thoughts and feelings... only to please everybody. I was wrong. You mustn't stay behind thousands of masks and keep everything to yourself because you are afraid of others might say. What they say is their business. You mustn't listen to all the negative comments you receive, because they try to discourage you. Something good happened? Be happy! Something is hurting you? Say it! We are all humans. We all have a soul. We can't live our lives according to others' wishes. It is true, we have to help each other, but we have to think at ourselves, too. We are like cups. If the cup is empty, we can't offer to those who need us. We have to take care of ourselves, of our souls, of our hearts. This is my advise for you. Happy reading and make sure to smile every day :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
We all become more comfortable in our skin as we age, caring less what others think because friends and loved ones are just that because of who we are.
Enjoyed this LylaC

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LylaCrystal

6 Years Ago

I am glad that you enjoyed reading my poem. Thank you for the kind words.
Beautifully crafted with with an elegant touch of inspiration, nicely done.

I can relate to this in a big way, I'm sure to remember it in the future, thanks for sharing...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 6, 2017
Last Updated on July 6, 2017

Author

LylaCrystal
LylaCrystal

About
I'm just a normal person. People usually consider me weird because I'm just trying to be myself. I love playing piano and guitar, dancing, acting and of course writing. Art is an essential part of my .. more..

Writing
Tinfoil Tinfoil

A Book by LylaCrystal