FAQ

FAQ

A Chapter by Lynx_x
"

Sexual Orientation FAQ

"

Am I Gay?
Only you can know for sure if you are or not. If you're in puberty it can be very confusing to know for sure as the hormones that are raging through you can mess with your feelings. It's best to wait till you've left puberty to make any decision. Until then don't worry about it and do what feels right.


Was I born Gay?
This is a matter of opinion, some believe you are. Others believe that it is an environmental influence when you are growing up or a change that happens during puberty.


Am I normal?
The simple answer to this is yes you are. It is perfectly normal for someone in to have feelings and/or an attraction the same sex. There are thousands and thousands of people round the world just like you.


When should I tell People?
Only tell people when you are comfortable with what you are. If you're still living with parents or family unless you know for sure that they would be accepting of you; hold off on telling them until you are more independent therefore they cannot take anything from you or worse kick you out.


How should I deal with homophobia?
The best way is to shrug it off and take no notice of it, the sad thing is that it will always be there through out your entire life. If you're in school and feel you cannot deal with it or if it becomes violent, you must tell someone. In Britain schools have a legal responsibility to be proactive in preventing homophobic bullying. If it is outside of school go to the police.



© 2012 Lynx_x


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on November 11, 2012
Tags: sex, health, glbt, lgbt, coming out, sexual orientation, gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender


Author

Lynx_x
Lynx_x

MILFORD HAVEN, Pemprokeshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Black & White Black & White

A Poem by Lynx_x


Acceptance Acceptance

A Chapter by Lynx_x