A war poem

A war poem

A Poem by Lyric
"

I just think we should all think things out more we don't always know what we think we know.

"
You know someones got power, when they can make you hate your own people,
when they get you to see, how they see you yourself as evil.
And when you think you may have thought that way all along.
When your worth, your innocent before proven guilty is taken away, really no one remains strong.
Because, truth, and realism don't last for long when the entire world is hooked on an opinion that couldn't be more wrong.
Why? Because I might be different than you?
Cause i'm watching these bombs go off and these people die and I don't know what to do.
Believe it or not, terrorists and murderers scare me too.
From now on out i'm chained to the floor, from now on out my values are chosen for me,
because even if I wanted to be part of the solution, it wouldn't be seen as a possibility anymore.
And really, i'm not free,
i'm not free to do good.
There are bad people in this world and to many people think that that's not understood,
I'd never choose to believe that, look around, I never could.
If you are so much higher than everyone else, if we really believe that's true,
why do you expect the ones you see as lesser to less barbaric than you?
Why is it surprising that there are people who attack, and threaten out of the blue?
These are not the only terrorists,
yes, I know that this is now not then,
but this is not new.
Why are certain people the only people who may have those who are good and those who are crude? Why May some people be cheered and forgiven like human beings, and some are nothing but booed?
We live in a world where we can't be who we are without not being accepted for who we are,
if your not how someone understands you should be, then you miss your mark my pretty far.
This world is black and white, the problem is one plus one really doesn't equal two. 
Well maybe it still does, but things like this will never be that easy of an equation for you.
The one thing you may still rely on is ideas do catch like the flu,
someone believes that? Someone else will too.
There's that saying that questions a persons ability to think for ones self, if all your friends gave it all up, would you follow without a questioning yelp?
To many of us answer yes with just the simple things we do.
The things we say, and the things we think, and we go on without a clue.
We don't even need understanding, to mark something of in our minds as true.
We're just blindly ignorantly jumping of cliffs,
feeling the air as we fall with our fingertips,
One, two,
No better than those people shooting down our people live,
Three, four, five,
counting of the souls who decide to stick their heads up the bee hive.
None of us are really alive, not when our decisions are chosen, by which politician thinks what about which division, not catching how their hatred for those people could possibly be about them not signing some petty petition, 
Where's the individuality America? Where's the vision?
Why do the clothes I wear or the car I own, matter more than the thoughts I think and the places my mind has flown?
Why do you care, if a Mosque, or a Church, or a Synagogue is the temple I call my own, when they all came from the same place and they're all made of the same stone?
And why does the color of my skin outplay the kindly smile on my face?
How does the way a few act define a whole race?
Don't think that evil people existing in the world means that every other religion is bitter,
because almost no one is stupid enough to judge Christianity off of Hitler,
When will we learn, that there are more important things to be heard,
than comparing our thought processes and the way we all see the world.
Here's the thing,
when I see someone in a place where I don't think they should be,
I look at them funny, and you do it just like me.
That's not the wrong,
the wrong is not being able to admit that they might not be who you think them to be.
You don't know who they are,
And you're not Christ, so your beliefs can't cause the blind to see.
This is America okay? ideas are free, just please, don't think you know more about me than me.
Don't try and tell me who I am.
Don't call me wrong when your 'real life' ideas are nothing but spam.
So many places we don't even know we'd rather be,
like actually saving those people instead of obsessing over this unrelated insanity?
So I hope they don't hate us, when this war is over,
I hope those people don't hate me, cause I think this way or that way, but, i'm still part of the whole. 
And no one really thinks about the diamond when all the picture is is coal.
We do it already here,
so i'm told.
So again, I hope they don't despise us, not just our soldiers, but all the good, and honest, and bold.
Have you ever been to their country? Not all of them can be cold.
If everyone of them was fighting us,
we'd have a much bigger problem to unfold,
our enemy has children too,
the sick and the old.
And the people who think kind of like people like me,
you cant really judge if the half pictures all you really see.
So before we judge all the places, fighting in this war,
no whole country, could believe in what they're fighting for.
I hope our soldiers don't resent us, for seeming to care less about them than petty things,
because after all, we're just flightless birds with wild dogs on our tails and their kind of our golden wings.
I hope they don't turn on us, asking why we haven't done more,
if things go down for the worst and we lose something poor,
and that the souls who didn't have the same mind set over in the middle east aren't spread out in blood and chunks on the floor,
along with their evil country men,
dying slowly and reeking of gore.

© 2015 Lyric


Author's Note

Lyric
Hi! Please comment, I worked really, really hard on this one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, this is powerful! This is such an awesome call for love for the fellow man. It's so true, we get caught up in our own viewpoints and beliefs, and too seldom think about how the people we are pointing our fingers at are going through the same doubts and struggles as we. Keep telling it, girl, because your voice is powerful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyric

8 Years Ago

Thanks :-)♡



Reviews

Wow, this is powerful! This is such an awesome call for love for the fellow man. It's so true, we get caught up in our own viewpoints and beliefs, and too seldom think about how the people we are pointing our fingers at are going through the same doubts and struggles as we. Keep telling it, girl, because your voice is powerful.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyric

8 Years Ago

Thanks :-)♡
Damn. I normally dont like long poems with monotonous rhyme schemes .this is an exception . i liked how you grappeled with the alienation of people when they are not that different from those alienating them and the leader status quo.
an awesome write and i hope to see other stuff from you soon


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyric

9 Years Ago

thanks so much for the feedback :]
I really liked it. it was insightful and honest and inspiring. keep up the good work :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyric

9 Years Ago

thanks for the review!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on May 17, 2015

Author

Lyric
Lyric

Newark, NJ



About
Hi, I love to write and I'd just really like some feed back on all of my stuff, and I love to read other poets'/writers' work more..

Writing
The poet The poet

A Poem by Lyric