Time to dance again

Time to dance again

A Poem by Lyrical Love
"

juxtaposing... gives an added picture to her alter ego taking over/stepping out giving movement between the two, that are actually one

"

 

I watch you sleep

I smile...  waiting for you to wake
As breezes sneak and enter In
through a pushed,
open window
the curtains wave to me
get up and come out...

forward, stepping from the
shadows.
                                           Crossing
my legs              
                                                I
admire the silkiness of my own touch      
The early morning sun enhances my golden color.
Shoulders relaxed, I can now lay back 
And feel the firmness, that supports me in your comfortable
blue chair.
I can smile.
I see an echo of peace around your face
                                                                  while you sleep.
If you only knew, now...
    we are not alone.
She has finally been made to come and breathe.
Out of me...

In front of me she stands, guarding me.
She is enjoying her thoughts of you
In your favorite Kingly chair.
She awaits her joy-to bring you pain
                                                            slowly rocking in your blue worn
chair.
With only one cigarette left, she can exhale
Blowing out the smoke that has clouded
her mind. I whisper
to her now, Please! 
while you sleep, with shut eyes
But she insists on you seeing the whites of her eyes through
the blacks and blues
Of my browns. I cry cornered, and crouched down on the
floor
Behind your big chair. That is where you left me 
before your nightly sleep

took you and hid-sending away my
screams.
She seems less afraid, and much stronger than I am.
The thought of your eyes opening and seeing me there
                      Proudly
In your blue seat

I start to feel warmth in my panties with a stream that
becomes a puddle 
beneath my feet. 
She won't leave the space that she'll soon conquer with her peace

           With one single pull from the coldness that you hold
right between the eyes just once, and then
twice, 
shattering evil thoughts in his mind
And the third pull in the place you called 
me
Your heart. She says,
      then I will be free
to laugh, live,
And dance Again.
                     In a place where there once was
An ugly blue chair.

© 2009 Lyrical Love


Author's Note

Lyrical Love
Sometimes our courage to begin (again) comes from another person that lives in us...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my... I have waited for something new from you and it was well worth the wait... this piece kept me riveted and on the edge of my seat with such mixed emotions, going from happy to sad to sensual then the ending... WOW... I finally see it as a person getting over the death of a loved and finding the courage to move forward... no matter the case very superb writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am kind of confused. It seems as if it's an "out of body" experience, but written in a metaphorical way where you are a new person for change. Tha's a cool idea, but then you talk about "panties being wet" and im thinking maybe it has to do with a guy she is watching sleep at night, and she hopes he'll come and realize she's stalking him. I don't know, but either idea is really sharp, and sticks out in my mind. Maybe it's me, I just didn't fully understand the concept of the poem. But thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem came from a deep spirit within. You took us through a spiritual ride of beings of external and internal nature. Deep and beautiful. This is probably my favorite piece of yours yet. Flawless work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It always feels better when you motivate yourself to do better and move forward. Its hard as hell but the end result fills you with uncontrollable pride and motive to do more than before. I love this poem. It relates to any and all who ever have a rough moment in time. Great work.


Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem is truly one that portrays your skill in its finest! This was amazing. Hadn't heard from you in a while..and I was wondering if everything was okay...and then you came back with THIS! Wow! I truly admire this piece! Keep up the writing as I look forward to reading more! Till the next poem, God bless.

~~Blessed~~;)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Yes I see it I don't know why I didn't catch it from the begining I think because I thought it was a dream and had to do with undying love. In reading this over I have a greater appriciation for it. It is superbly written, the suttle hints were all there but just over looked by my rapid reading. Excellent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I can honestly say that I love everything about this poem!!! I really admire the way you gathered seemingly conflicting emotions, images, settings, vantage-points and caused the entire piece to move with such seamless harmony which allowed me as the reader to connect with your thoughts.
This has a very rich aura, vivid, pure and cinematic qualities, when I was done reading it for the 5th time it felt as though I had just watched a movie!
Every time I read your work I get the feeling I did when I read your thoughts for the first time, sheer excitement!
I respect you as writer for the simple fact that you try new things and no matter how different the topic your intellect never loses its wonderful fragrance!

Yet another masterpiece!!!

-Your biggest fan,
Marvin Lewis.




Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good God! this is...I seriously have no words. I love how it seems
that the woman is trying to move forward in life, but being held back by
the chair which she knows is ugly, but can't bare to move. The description
contained in this poem is out of this world I feel as though I'm the wind in the
room witnessing this. I can't describe it your amazing. You my friend have just
risen ten levels in my mind with only a few others on here.


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

From the moment I heard this piece I was simply speechless. Just when I thought you couldn't amaze me you taken it one step further. The next step is going to strip me naked with emotions because this piece took my breath away. Wow and to think I know you personally and all of this magic is up in you. Lyrical you have out done yourself and I can't wait to the next one. Your peers/fans, etc have been waiting for your touch and your heart, thanks for bringing us inspiration. Who comes up with verses like this below? Only Lyrical. :-)

Of my browns. I cry cornered, and crouched down on the
floor Behind your big chair. That is where you left me
before your nightly sleep took you and hid-sending away my
screams. She seems less afraid, and much stronger than I am.
The thought of your eyes opening and seeing me there Proudly.



Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was written as if you were floating outside looking in from a distant not far. nice expressions and flow of words.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely dynamite! I too was entranced in the many emotions of this piece, such an enthralling ride. I love the change of mood, while the whole time the flow remained silky smooth. Excellent wording and form, thanks for sharing! :)






Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2150 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on January 4, 2009
Last Updated on January 4, 2009

Author

Lyrical Love
Lyrical Love

DEEEE-TROOOOOIT, MI



About
Lyrical Love more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain