Stilettos

Stilettos

A Poem by Lyrical Love

 

~~Stilettos ~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I should have looked better,
deeper...and
with an enhanced vision...of you
getting my prize, that lays between my thighs
 
Letting you feel my energy,
and have my number...was the start of
my biggest blunder
 
Tasting your fruit,
and not recognizing the flavor...
was not a reason for me to think...to savor
 
Minute one, day two, and definitely not month
three was not enough knowledge, or truth
displayed for a Queen like me
 
I have looked at the best...of what I have that's tangible
like the fine crystal vase, my highest count threads...
but not before I opened my legs
 
I contemplated long and hard before spending
700.00 dollars for the shoes
known as Jimmy Choo's
 
I waited a year checking & trying for a better fit
...noting the quality, and waiting for a while
for that one pair with the right style
 
Asking many questions on-line,
trying to find, even one flaw...before covering
...my feet...
 
I spent more time & energy for shoes at places
...than I did for a man that would be right for my life
...not knowing he would bring me harm and strife
 
The next time I will recognize that exotic taste...of his fruit
when for sure... I am in search of a man
with my own plan
 
I will now see without those blinding rose colored glasses,
and not be amused by swagger, curls, and
muscles.
 
I will hide my prize up on a shelf...and not display
 God's given gifts,

and talent...

for a time.

 ~~  ~~
 
I will not let the ungodly feel my energy,
or come in my face, to invade my presence ...a real man of character
knows his place.
 
I'll check with the Master 1st,  for that man that thinks he knows...

the plan
...of him, being My~ godly man.

 

© 2009 Lyrical Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Okay enough said. I starting up a Lyrical Love fan club and I am the President. Wow you are amazing Lyrical. Now as a guy I can appreciate the way you acknowledge your mistake in picking the wrong guy and making sure the next guy understand that he better come correct because you will not be taken in again. This piece can be an anthem or use in a rap off if you facing this guy face to face. You thunder is with you and this poems says so. Great write but what else can one expect from you but that. Thanks for the creativity, honesty and my newly appointed position as your fan club President. Mercy!

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

" I contemplated long and hard before spending
700.00 dollars for the shoes
known as Jimmy Choo's" --- LOL!

This is simply awesome Lyrical. I am so sorry that I didnt get to it any sooner, but I really should have! I mean, this one of the best pieces I have read, and I just adore shoes, lol! - And yes, even the metaphor you used for them as well! This was super creative and hell you compared it to what woman love the most, shoes. It simply could have not been any better, it kinda makes me wish that I thought of something so brilliant!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is incredible. Women and men need to read this. It teaches a valuable lesson. How many of us focus on material items more so than our mental well-being and internal value?

This is fire:

"I spent more time & energy for shoes at places
...than I did for a man that would be right for my life
...not knowing he would bring me harm and strife"

You never cease to amaze me. This is why you're the only poet I've collaborated with. 2009 is bringing even more power, I see. The energy behind your words is strong. Let it all out.



Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I PUT THIS IN MY FAVORITES. i thought i had reviewed but i hadn't. i'm sorry. well i am now. This poem is exactly something I would write, but in your Lyrical Love style that flows down like honey. An anthem for most women. I know I have done the same thing. overspending on these stilettos (men) ones that looked good on the outside, but were uncomf on my feet. LOL!!! i tend to go too much for attraction opposed to othe rthings, which has hurt me in the end. And I always fall for those "bad boy musician" types. it sucks. but i too want a "godly man." and i loved how this poem epitomized what i'm going through to a tee.

And you use the word QUEEN in there!!!! because us women are all Queens!!! yeah.

Kena

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful.
there is nothing that can be said less than that. simply beautiful. The image you provoke is powerful and amazing, I think this is my favorite of the month.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I was always told its ok to make a mistake but one most learn from them... It seems like you have, so what more can you ask for.

"I will hide my prize up on a shelf... and not display Gods given gifts, and talent... for a time"

This spoke to me so much for the simple fact that a wounded or broken heart often becomes cold, but it seems like you are taking on step back to move two steps forward with this piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Your the bomb! This is just off the charts hysterically creative and you pack a punch delivering truth. Well done!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

A marvelous sweet poem. I liked the raffinesse in detail, like you twisted the meanings and played with my perception. Truly goldig, wie say here in Germany. Lots deep meaning what every woman can need in life...Mind - turning mix of thrilling sensuality.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Okay enough said. I starting up a Lyrical Love fan club and I am the President. Wow you are amazing Lyrical. Now as a guy I can appreciate the way you acknowledge your mistake in picking the wrong guy and making sure the next guy understand that he better come correct because you will not be taken in again. This piece can be an anthem or use in a rap off if you facing this guy face to face. You thunder is with you and this poems says so. Great write but what else can one expect from you but that. Thanks for the creativity, honesty and my newly appointed position as your fan club President. Mercy!

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Oh yes hon you really wrote something so hysterical yet so true, we focus sometimes more on minor things and yet in haste give our love away without even giving it a second thought. God knows you are fantastic lady and only deserve a man that makes you feel like you are wearing a gown around your heart... absolutely a fabulous write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Girl, Girl, Girl!
As the old folks say, "you put your foot and the better portion of your leg" in this poem!
First you set the stage...
Your words:
""Tasting your fruit,
and not recognizing the flavor...
was not a reason for me to think...to savor""

Then you tease us with truth after truth after truth...
Your truths:
"" 1) Minute one, day two, and definitely not month
three was not enough knowledge, or truth
displayed for a Queen like me

2) I have looked at the best...of what I have that's tangible
like the fine crystal vase, my highest count threads...
but not before I opened my legs

3) I contemplated long and hard before spending
700.00 dollars for the shoes
known as Jimmy Choo's

4) I waited a year checking & trying for a better fit
...noting the quality, and waiting for a while
for that one pair with the right style

5) Asking many questions on-line,
trying to find, even one flaw...before covering
...my feet...

and then the CLIMAX:
""I spent more time & energy for shoes at places
...than I did for a man that would be right for my life""

You need to patient that statement...
Bottle it and make millions in sales for that understanding! LOL

One of the most inspiring and rewarding poems that I've read!
Well written, well presented, well spoken an overall awesome write!
Thank you so much for using your gift to share your experiences!

Bravo!





Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3060 Views
44 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on January 9, 2009
Last Updated on January 9, 2009

Author

Lyrical Love
Lyrical Love

DEEEE-TROOOOOIT, MI



About
Lyrical Love more..

Writing