Good Morning Wake Up Call: May Part 1

Good Morning Wake Up Call: May Part 1

A Story by Gabby
"

We've only met May through her harsh email, but this is the beginning and I hope you get a sense of what she's like. Enjoy.

"

May


I never have liked any of my classmates. I mean at one point I had friends and close acquaintances, but the reality of it all is that they all stayed together and I'm the one that got left behind. As a result of my broken connections it's never pleasant seeing my old best friend or the kid I talked to in my social studies class back in the eighth grade in the busy halls of my insufferable high school. I just block it all out, I put my headphones on and tune all of them out.

Music is my saving grace when it comes to having to survive a whole six hour day with a bunch of idiots and their "issues". Sure, granted I don't know them and I don't know whatever they're going through. But I don't care. If everyone was like that we could all be disconnected and wouldn't have to deal with anything but our own problems. That is how I live my life and people just don't get it, so I'm never allowed a single uninterrupted moment of peace. However, some people know how I am, and they know to keep their mouth shut. Others only remember how I was as a freshman, and that year was different. It was before I figured out the secret the others don't mention when high school starts. But I'll tell you now. The secret is summer Is over so create your own image and leave us the hell alone because I don't give a f**k about who you are, and what I used to be to you. Have a nice life a*****e.

   

“May, can you slow down I have to tell you something!" At the mention of my ridiculous name I turn around to find grace running through the busy hallway, and I wince when she runs into someone who looks like a Junior. I hear her say "I'm so sorry" as her face spreads into an awkward apologetic smile. The student she ran into doesn't seem to notice, or even annoyed as he blankly walks off into the sea of kids. Grace finally catches up to me and she begins to speak, obviously still flustered from her run in with another student. Here is the thing about Grace. She just move here to Maine. She has no friends, except for me. Which is tragic because she is a gorgeous girl. The kind that is oblivious to their own beauty.

"So..." she begins but gets distracted by this girl that all of a sudden gives her a dirty look, and Grace snaps her head back to it's dead straight position staring down the hallway. I wave it off and say "So what is it? I have to leave so whatever it is get it out and tell me because I need to get out of here." I regret my tone but I really do need to leave. "Well, I just wanted to let you know that I think I made friend and I need to decompress with you about it. But what I really need is for you to review my essay because no one in my English class has warmed up to me and I need you to help me out." I look at her and she gives me this I know you hate me but I really need you to do this for me because no one likes me face. But I looked at her because all I'm thinking right now is that she made a friend. Who? My shoulder gets shoved and I snap back to the present, and I give Grace an okay I'll help you face. She reads this and cheerfully shoves a small slip into my hand before rushing off and waving goodbye.

         I finally make it to the school's front atrium and I look at the small crinkled white slip in my hand. It has Grace's school email written in her messy cursive like handwriting with a small finger smudge in the bottom right corner. I look up and in front of me are the big blue metal doors.  I'm sure I can make it to my car just in time to beat the after school pick up traffic that plagues the school parking lot. But I feel someone grabbing my arm, and I turn meeting two blue eyes. It’s Parker. "Hey, May. Can we talk?"



© 2017 Gabby


Author's Note

Gabby
It's the first of this friendship, get to know May and enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Characters, building, and 'tude... be careful of the mindsets you establish.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Gabby you are really good at this and yes i am leaving a rating on everything


Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

205 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2017
Last Updated on June 9, 2017
Tags: May:The beginning

Author

Gabby
Gabby

Springfield, OR



About
My name is Alanna and I am an aspiring fantasy author. Feedback on my stories is appreciated ! more..

Writing