CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by MK and MF

Krisja sat dejectedly in the back seat of the minivan, contemplating fate.
"Why," she asked herself, "is fate so cruel?" her inner voice answered inside her head, "it isn't only fate you know..." she pushed the thought away, stuffing it into a deep, dark corner of her brain and looked out the window again.
Two days. She had managed to keep the last foster home for two days. "the shortest time yet, a new record." her brain whispered malevolently. Krisja wished she could beat up her thoughts.
As she concentrated on the scene outside, she spotted a quaint farm house up  the road. Another house, another "family", another life she wished she could, but couldn't grasp to make her own.
She glanced at the family services agent that was driving her to the next home. Not really a home but.... He was called Karsh Clemments; he was a tall, lean man with salt and pepper hair and thick black rimmed glasses. She imagined that he had once been handsome, and he still looked a little so, but time had robbed him of that. His eyes sparkled from behind his glasses, but in a sad way that made it apparent he had seen much sadness and suffering. He was also sarcastic, and Krisja found his humor entertaining. Karsh had been Krisja's "agent" since she had lost her parents three years ago.
"We're almost there!" Karsh said cheerfully.
"Huzzah." Krisja replied sarcastically.
Karsh chuckled and pointed to the house that was drawing nearer. "This will be a wonderful place for you to stay. I myself would be thrilled!" Karsh tried to sound sincere, but his sarcastic tendencies made it come out the wrong way. 
Krisja rolled her eyes and smiled.
The car stopped in front of the whitewash farm house and Karsh opened the door for Krisja. She stepped out, "accidentally" stepping on his foot. He smiled, despite the pain. It was a little game they played. Every time he dropped her off, she did something for him to remember her by. Every time he picked her up, which was often, he would do something to her, as punishment for the thing that she did the last time he had dropped her off. It was a complicated game, and sort of malicious, but they played it anyways, hoping that this time would be the last time.
They exchanged sad smiles, full of hope. "I want you to behave yourself, understand?"

"Yes sir." she nodded, even though she would probably be seeing him very, very soon.

Krisja put on a false smile to cover up her apprehension, and prepared herself for whatever was going to happen next.


© 2009 MK and MF


Author's Note

MK and MF
not complete yet :) this is just the rough draft.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I thought this was pretty good, I loved the bginning but lost intrest as it went on... sorry! It jsut sounded like so many other books I have read with foster kids in it... try spicing it up a little, bring something new to the table! :) Good luck! But it was pretty good for a first write on here

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hi, I'm Lima! I'm a blogger and wuold like to tell some about me. I like writing titls, post for different subject. I spent a lot of time to writing texts for the site review. My last work was for leovegas casino review , if you are interested in that areas, please write to me! I'm waiting for you answers!

Posted 5 Years Ago


I like it! just add a few more unique ideas to give it a bit more of a flair to it that separates it from all the others.

Posted 13 Years Ago


its written in a good way, you explain well, i like the details, the topic is a bit boring, because i have read things that are pretty similar, i think if you would write about something more original you would come a long way. you are good at writing. i like the choice of words, i like how you quote things:

They exchanged sad smiles, full of hope. "I want you to behave yourself, understand?"

"Yes sir." she nodded, even though she would probably be seeing him very, very soon.


good practice story/book though. keep on writing! and thank you for sharing ^_^

Posted 14 Years Ago


The is a good story, but it seems to me that this is an overview of this part of the story because you seem to go through it quickly, instead of vividly telling as much of the story to help us, the reader, connect to Krisja, the main character of the story at this point.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I thought this was pretty good, I loved the bginning but lost intrest as it went on... sorry! It jsut sounded like so many other books I have read with foster kids in it... try spicing it up a little, bring something new to the table! :) Good luck! But it was pretty good for a first write on here

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1407 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2009
Last Updated on December 31, 2009
Tags: magic, family, trust, courage, foster home


Author

MK and MF
MK and MF

wouldn't you like to know?, ID



About
This is MK and MF, we're best friends and we enjoy writing stories together. Especially fantasy. We like twists of plots and evil characters :) more..

Writing
PROLOGUE PROLOGUE

A Chapter by MK and MF