Ten True Things About Me

Ten True Things About Me

A Story by Mylifeinheartbeats
"

Made for the '10 True Things About Me' Contest

"
I am sound.  I am often heard before seen as I cross a room with grace at foot but clumsiness at mouth. There are a great many things I can do, but shutting my mouth is not in my skill-set. Not one glorious day has gone by without my voice booming into the sky; birds screeching in fright and confusion as my sonic waves of noise hit their ears like the after-blast of a bomb or the roar of a tornado. That is what makes me who I am.
I am creativity. My passions speak even louder than my words, and I am often portrayed as the girl on top of a tall building, pouring paint over the sides. Though I have never committed such an act, I am envisioned as a golden savior; a knight in rainbow armor. My swirls of thought and whirls of color spread across a page like a virus, infecting everything they touch; spreading imagination like a disease, and that is what makes me who I am.
I am constant. I do not cease to exist for as long as I live. You will always be able to find me, here, on this earth. There is no place I will go that is too far for you to reach if you try. There is no path I could walk on that you could not follow. I will continue to be this person that I am today for as long as I live, though layers of knowledge, wisdom, and experiences may temporarily mask me from your perception, but that is what makes me who I am.
I am beauty. There is no true definition of beauty that specifically states that I cannot be beautiful. Nowhere is it stated as a law that the way that I look is a way that is displeasing to the eye. Yes, of course, I have been told otherwise. No, of course, I don't conform to the 'classic beauty' that society has set forth for me to try to slide into. My beauty is everywhere; inside and out, and that is not something that can be found in a magazine ad, and it is what makes me who I am.
I am color. It doesn't matter if I am naked or fully clothed. Colors run beneath my skin like a river. They say your blood is blue until you expose it to oxygen, which is why your veins are blue rather than red. Through my eyes, I see my veins pumping every color of the rainbow through my body. I see purple shining in my hair and blue tickling my toes. I'm not delusional, I'm simply perceptive in a different way. My soul shines in every color and no colors, and that is what makes me who I am.
I am talent. I may not be good at dividing by decimals or throwing a football. I may not play the violin or be considered the best of the best, but I am incredibly talented. I can smile honestly when I am sad, and I can sing songs to make a person cry. I can write poetry that makes grown men feel like children again, and I can make someone understand what love means with a kiss. I am not gloating; I am finding my strengths and accepting my weaknesses, and that is what makes me who I am.
I am fiction. I know that everyone has a part of themselves that isn't true; something that they want themselves or others to believe. I am a story of my past that was exaggerated and I am a great accomplishment that was played down. I am a kiss that wasn't that great spreading wings and becoming the most romantic kiss of all time. I am a good relationship that didn't work out because one of us 'didn't believe in love'. I am partially a lie, just like everyone else, and that is what makes me who I am.
I am music. Whether it be the soft hum of a note under my breath or the loud bellow of a melody catching on the wind, I am musical. I was born a song. My heartbeat sets the bass and my voice sets a throbbing alto and a straining yet lovely soprano. My footsteps catch in time with my messy measures and my resonating vibrato. The tenor notes of my dreams mix with the soft undercurrents of the breaths I take while I sleep, and this is music, and that is what makes me who I am.
I am emotion. I dream in feeling and I wake in ragged sensation. I feel my heart picking up and dropping, and my stomach turning over. I feel the tingle of anticipation in my legs and the thrill of a first kiss in my abdomen. I bite my lip in sadness, and tears run down my face, my colors spilling out of my eyelids as my brain moves from anxiety to stress to depression to acceptance and finally an upswing of happiness. Every moment in an expression; every moment is woven with emotion, and that is what makes me who I am.
I am me. This is the truest thing that can be said about me. That I, as a whole, as a truth, am myself. I was born me, my past is made up of things that happened to me, and I will remain me until the day that I pass on, perhaps even later than that. Every moment I've spent in this world was another moment that helped to define who I am, but I have been who I am for as long as I have lived; perhaps longer. If someone were to ask: How would you describe yourself? The first word to jump into my mind would be my name, followed by these words. I am emotion, I am music, I am fiction. I am talent, I am color, I am beauty. I am constant, I am creativity, and I am sound...and that is what makes me who I am.

© 2012 Mylifeinheartbeats


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like a spinning diamond in the vastness of existence, each facet shined with one individuals varying qualities. Much like watching moving images slowly scroll along with the Northern Lights, your words have brought a blossoming flower of that which is known as the unique you. Not only were these visions solid and tangible, they were painted eloquently with much color, emotion and intricate design.
Many thanks for sharing such a revelationary work with us! =)

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mylifeinheartbeats

11 Years Ago

Oh gosh, you flatter me too much. Thank you so much for your kind words, they are always appreciated.. read more
Wolfwind

11 Years Ago

If you check the Poetic Wolf Handbook, you'll see that on page 24, paragraph 6, subsection 2, that F.. read more
Mylifeinheartbeats

11 Years Ago

Oh, well, in THAT case....:3



Reviews

This is simply awe inspiring. You write beautifully. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Excellent. That is the only word I can think of.
it takes so much talent to be able to accept yourself for who you are. Thank you for sharing this work with us!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mylifeinheartbeats

11 Years Ago

Oh my, you're too kind! Thank you for reading!
Like a spinning diamond in the vastness of existence, each facet shined with one individuals varying qualities. Much like watching moving images slowly scroll along with the Northern Lights, your words have brought a blossoming flower of that which is known as the unique you. Not only were these visions solid and tangible, they were painted eloquently with much color, emotion and intricate design.
Many thanks for sharing such a revelationary work with us! =)

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mylifeinheartbeats

11 Years Ago

Oh gosh, you flatter me too much. Thank you so much for your kind words, they are always appreciated.. read more
Wolfwind

11 Years Ago

If you check the Poetic Wolf Handbook, you'll see that on page 24, paragraph 6, subsection 2, that F.. read more
Mylifeinheartbeats

11 Years Ago

Oh, well, in THAT case....:3
This is a nice write. Its so important to know and understand ones self. It requires humility and deep thought and this write is full of that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mylifeinheartbeats

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review! I don't write about myself often, as I feel embarrassed, but.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 25, 2012
Last Updated on December 25, 2012
Tags: definition, ten true things, ten true things about me, Telea Dodge, mylifeinheartbeats, philosophy, philosophical, ten, defining yourself, truth, sound, creativity, emotion, constant, beauty, color

Author

Mylifeinheartbeats
Mylifeinheartbeats

WI



About
I'm Telea. I am a great many things, but I like to focus on writing, singing, and making stupid Youtube videos. I am an aspiring artist, whatever that means, and I am currently in the process of finis.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..