The Fear of Now.

The Fear of Now.

A Story by Mustafa Abuhamdeh
"

Humanity, have had its fair share of fears, some of respectfully have very bizarre ones, but the strangest one lays in all of us, but we differ at the severity of that fear, the fear of the Now!

"

As mortals, we will indisputably leave an innumerable sum of our inquires unreciprocated, we justly wouldn’t be able to amass sufficient time to do so. As mortals, we should devote the majority of our time, morally in the existing, the guaranteed NOW, but, we uncontrollably think of the future, we depiction it, imagine it, play miscellaneous scenarios in our head trying desperately to anticipate the imminent future, we vividly describe our opinions about certain things that lack existence yet, but the inquiry here is as follows “Have humanity always been so centered on the unknown? Have we always been so naïve and eyeless about the current, yet our forthcoming is fully prearranged and predicted?


My take on that question is negative, I think humanity have survived this long because they were set on absconding the problems at their hands, and not to help secure “our” future, that was just a bonus! For instance, the first to build Flat-Topped houses were the ancient Egyptians, the houses were made out of sun-dried bricks, that was around 3100BC, they did so in-order to protect themselves from the sun in the summer and the rain in the cold. The inventions of past generation that are vital for our current lives were all invented out of a desire of need. I think humans have evolved over that thinking out of fear.


"The past is a ghost, the future is a dream, and all we ever have is the now" Said Bill Cosby. The fear of the now, the comfortability of wanting the “now” to fundamentally end, the desire to live the future because it shall be better than the now! We now stand strong as seven billion, the unsurpassed winner for most humans living at once. We are facing countless issues, ranging economically, personally, spiritually, and we want to believe that if we just close our eyes, this swarm of titanic problems will just vanish and we will live happily ever after. But a building built on unfinished essence is deemed to fall.


Problems shall exist for the reminder of our lives, and the moment we eliminate all problems, it will either be the end of Earth, where we shall flee to another planet with new problems, or the end of all of humanity. But I don’t think it’s disgraceful, I think its admirable! Our lives on their own are a challenge, a challenge for not only mere mortals like us, but to the universe, which is home to black-holes and neutron-stars, earth is a challenge, to live is a challenge, we shall embrace this challenge, focus on the now, and think of life as a points game, and every second, literally counts, the average lifespan is 79 years which is roughly 2,491,344,000 seconds, how many ones have you already lost trying to secure an unguaranteed one?

© 2017 Mustafa Abuhamdeh


Author's Note

Mustafa Abuhamdeh
Thank you for reading, this have been of the most enjoyable writings as I have had a very decent time writing it, all your reviews are highly treasured and any criticisms are appreciated. I plan to elaborate on certain ideas mentioned in “The fear of Now” in the future. If I get enough seconds that is 😉

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Hehe...I must've blown at the last of reading it!
Even like you for me twas also an enjoyable piece....each line is a thriller of previous...
Great read indeed!!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is so true. I'm glad I read this. Towards the end, I loved this line - "how many ones have you already lost trying to secure an unguaranteed one?" Keep writing. Also, choice of words is good :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mustafa Abuhamdeh

6 Years Ago

I'm profoundly ecstatic to know that you liked it, thank you.
Sofia

6 Years Ago

My pleasure!
Very nice to my eyes strict to screen till the end well said that we should focus on now rather than future

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mustafa Abuhamdeh

6 Years Ago

I thank for your kind words, my good man, and I'm glad we share the same idea.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

514 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 18, 2017
Last Updated on June 18, 2017
Tags: Humans, Problems, Hopes, Future, Now, Fear, Motivational