Erroneous Enemy

Erroneous Enemy

A Story by Mustafa Abuhamdeh
"

it’s been said that the ego work in a marvelous, contradictory way to blind its host and feed itself, hence, it has been considered as “humanity’s worst enemy,” but is that factual?

"
Everyone has a vivid understanding of their identity, each concedes their inimitable cliques of cons and pros, and they indefinitely attempt to perfect the frail pieces of their facades. The solutions for said corrections will fluctuate from one fellow to another, some will observe the acts of the folks around them, and will try to implant their behaviors of life into their own, others will leave their whole original-self and imposter the distinctiveness of someone else, similar to a copycat. Any mean of alteration to the self will be considered extensively as a “change” consequently saying the innovative, eccentric version of “you,” is indeed a whole another version of what formerly was known as “you.” The change will always be motivated by a motive, a viscous goal, and in this illustration, our change in driven by the urge for perfection. Since the dawn of physiology, the urge of being “perfect” has been associated to be one of the works of the ego. It’s been said that the ego work in a marvelous, contradictory way to blind its host and feed itself, hence, it has been considered as “humanity’s worst enemy,” but is that factual? 

“Your ego can become an obstacle to your work. If you start believing in your greatness, it is the death of your creativity,” said Marina Abramovic, a quote which my mind opposes respectfully. We, as humans are filled with an innumerable sum of faults, in our thoughts, actions and even words. We can’t be perfect, but a chase for perfection will enable us to catch superiority and for that our ego spreads its wings, and lead the flight of our thoughts into the singular purpose “be stronger, be better, etc…”. The ego, known as the “I-ness” of one’s self, is not the enemy. Its mere existence isn’t for it to feed or whatsoever, ego isn’t a “someone” it’s a spiritual guidance, a thin voice, reminding you that wherever you are right now, there is a better place.

 It’s true that the ego does sometimes blind our judgment and cause us unnecessary suffering, for instance, when a friend points to us an erroneous act, we would take his intention to be disparaging rather than a beneficial one, but the act of the ego here isn’t to deceive you, it’s too aware you, to give you a room to think of your friend’s intention.
 
“It is true that the ego is the source of all our suffering because we always have the final say in how we think and feel. It's not just the cause of one’s pain; as the ‘sense’ of our ‘Self,' it’s also the key to where our contentment and happiness is found” said Phillip J Watt. The ego is an illustration of our pure mind, unvarnished of all emotions. We need to learn to align this imaginary companion to ourselves, instead of fighting it. We are the ones in charge of our judgments; we also judge if our judgments are precise and healthy. For example, say we found a creature, we have done our researches and figured out that said creature is a duck, therefore we called it a duck, that’s healthy and accurate, but if we condemned it to be duck without prior tests, then here we have conveyed our supposition with a morbid ego act, we allowed our “I-ness” to make a choice rather than the common-sense. Morbid ego works come to pass because of us choosing to combat the ego.
 
I like to think of the ego nowadays as someone whose real identity has been stripped away from, as a moral that has had its meaning lost to time, the ego desires are simple, it wants the “I” of thyself, to be at the top, to be prioritized over everyone else. 

Cultivate it, don’t discourage it.

© 2017 Mustafa Abuhamdeh


Author's Note

Mustafa Abuhamdeh
All your reviews are highly treasured, please excuse my naïve eye for any spelling or grammatical mistake that I was oblivious to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice piece of write. I didn't spot any grammatical error and I don't think any is there coz your grammar is so good. I loved the last line. It's very good. Keep writing :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Added on July 14, 2017
Last Updated on July 14, 2017
Tags: Ego, Pride, Dignity, Emotions, War, Battle, Feelings, Thoughts, Humans, Enraged, Moral, Friend, Enemy