The True Reflection of Dreams.

The True Reflection of Dreams.

A Story by Mustafa Abuhamdeh

At the sound of the chippering birds your senses leisurely and delicately awake. The sensation of comfortability is felt briefly before effortlessly becoming adumbrated by the perplexing worries and tasks of the day. After you become mindful of your environs you instigate an emotion or a thought triggered by a succession of anomalous imageries to which you are naïve of their derivation--soon you discover that the revolting sight of your dog being dead which has been stuck in your mind is but a fragment of a wicked yesternight dream--a nightmare. As you realize your dog still exists, you are shortly pleased before pondering the universal inquiry, “What does my dream mean? Is this a reflection of a past event? Or rather a futuristic clue?”, What exactly is being emulated here?

Upon waking up, a dream is vivid, but as you consciously bestir to tackle its niceties, it begins to weaken and fade. We seldom fathom their meanings or reasons, but their emotional effects are always cognizant, a glorious dream will prompt jubilant thoughts while a heinous nightmare would provoke melancholy and mirthless ones. All of humankind dream as they sleep, specifically during a period called the Rapid Eye Movement (REM), and dreams may last from a couple of seconds to an hour. Furthermore, we can experience many dreams during one sleeping session, and as one research* found, you dream every ninety minutes of your sleep, henceforth the sum claiming not to experience the phenome of dreaming daily are incapable of remembering their dreams. 

While awake, your subconsciousness is unceasingly combating against your awareness to utter of its thoughts, hence, when one soundly gets their siesta, the rational impediments repressing the subliminal mind evanesces as all the unheard, surreptitious clairvoyance abscond in the form of an enigmatic roleplay, where the dreamers assumes either the leading role or spectates as the play goes by. During the dream, we lose our sense of pride, the constant noise of our ego finally silences, and every outside influence from the law, culture and religion is wholly halted--As the naked self-begins to carry an acute yet odd visual representation of our deepest desires, darkest thoughts, and utmost honest opinions. 

We helplessly perceive ourselves committing deeds, that we would rather be deceased than pledge in reality, and often awake from sleep with an iota of hatred toward ourselves for even dreaming of such behaviour. But as a dream may be a reflection of your subconscious mind--it’s by no means mirroring your façade. While perhaps in a dream you engaged in coitus with one of your co-workers rendering you a cheater to your girlfriend, it doesn’t necessarily hint that you carry sexual affiliation of those sorts to that associate.  Your subconscious thoughts are often obscured during your day for they are incomplete, according to a Sigmund Freud in his book “Interpretations of Dreams” your mind may simply be saying “That the co-worker is unbearably beautiful” and for perhaps it was taught by your experiences to account beauty with sex it manifested a dream of such to aware you of the women’s beauty.

It’s due to our naivety on dreams that one is pardoned to feel sick of themselves while generating a sum of hatred in the process. But one must seek salvation from those self-deprecating thoughts by understanding that the ideations held and sealed beyond the consciousness are the source of dreaming stimuli. A reflection of a-thought-to-be, and thus dreams shouldn’t be reckoned but rather be keenly approached and observed. Within a dream, the mind is not presenting a task, but instead, it’s attempting to converse with its host about a crucial point that it had been pondering for a while.

© 2018 Mustafa Abuhamdeh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on June 30, 2018
Last Updated on June 30, 2018
Tags: Dreams, Meanings, Emotions, Hate, Mysterious, Reasons, Psychology, Sadness.