A Testament of Crom

A Testament of Crom

A Story by M.W.Revell
"

Ulgarths god Crom throws yet another challenge.

"
A Testament of Crom

Ulgarth strides in and out of thick fern trees closely followed by a pack of snarling wolves with blood stained manes from the previous victim, growling and snapping their teeth at the heels of Ulgarth.
Running on the pure will to survive he jumps over a felled tree with which a slope was hidden on the other side.
The treacherous and unpredictable weather had caused a land slide taking with it acres of fern and foliage.
Ulgarth quickly pulls out his sword whilst spinning onto his back, as he hits the muddy slope he straightens his sword out for the first oncoming wolf. The sword pierce’s through the thick mane and cracks through its breast bone as the full weight of the beast lands directly onto Ulgarth who is quick to kick it from his sword. The other wolves from the pack struggle to keep up with Ulgarth as their paws squelch and slide with one wolf clattering into a felled tree breaking its back. The others quickly realise they don’t have a chance as they dig their paws in deep and come to a stop, howling as Ulgarth makes his way down.
The sound of mud squelching was soon overtaken by an oncoming sound of water rushing.
He manoeuvres onto his front to scout what was rapidly approaching, before he could acknowledge what he was faced with he drops 20 feet or so into a rushing river.
Ulgarth, not used to being manhandled, was being tossed and pulled like a rag doll, tearing his clothing from his body to lighten his weight he finally gets up to the surface, just, taking in a huge deep breath then grabbing onto drift wood, floating down stream.

The river eases off and as it Miranda’s off he drifts into the shallows eventually clawing his way to the shore he lays out on his back looking to the sky.
“Crom! You think that would finish me?” Ulgarth shouts.
“You think I’m going to let you’re dogs of hell bring me to your feet begging? My name is Ulgarth! And you will need a lot more if you are to succeed Crom!” He begins to laugh which eases off as he passes out.



© 2018 M.W.Revell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I posted a picture of the map of Hyboria

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Added on January 7, 2018
Last Updated on January 7, 2018
Tags: Conan, fantasy

Author

M.W.Revell
M.W.Revell

Cleveland, United Kingdom



About
I’ve only been writing around a year or so, I really enjoy painting a picture in the mind of the reader so they can really visualise my work. I am currently working on the chronically of Ulgart.. more..

Writing